The Relation between Industry and Services in Terms of Productivity and Value Creation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anita Wölfl, 2003. "Productivity Growth in Service Industries: An Assessment of Recent Patterns and the Role of Measurement," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/7, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Manuel Marcias & Daniel Mirza & Robert Stehrer & Roman Stöllinger, 2016. "The Future Development of EU Industry in a Global Context," wiiw Research Reports 409, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Stöllinger, Roman, 2021. "Testing the Smile Curve: Functional Specialisation and Value Creation in GVCs," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 93-116.
- Robert Stehrer, 2020. "Konvergenz, Produktionsintegration und Spezialisierung in Europa seit 1995," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q1-Q2/20, pages 49-59.
- Tanel Rebane, 2018. "Complementarities In Performance Between Product Innovation, Marketing Innovation And Cooperation With Clients," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 113, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Sergey Bodrunov, 2021. "Noonomy as the Material Basis for a Prospective Humanitarian Model of Public Order," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(3), pages 1-20, January.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Rossi, Stefania P. S. & Bonanno, Graziella, 2020. "Determinants of firms’ efficiency: do innovations and finance constraints matter? The case of European SMEs," Working Paper Series 2419, European Central Bank.
- Alessandro Sarra & Claudio Berardino & Davide Quaglione, 2019. "Deindustrialization and the technological intensity of manufacturing subsystems in the European Union," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 36(1), pages 205-243, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lee, Jong-Wha, 2005. "Human capital and productivity for Korea's sustained economic growth," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 663-687, August.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer & Bart van Ark, 2008. "Data for Productivity Measurement in Market Services: An International Comparison," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 16, pages 72-81, Spring.
- Hartwig, Jochen, 2008.
"What drives health care expenditure?--Baumol's model of 'unbalanced growth' revisited,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 603-623, May.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2006. "What Drives Health Care Expenditure? Baumol's Model of "Unbalanced Growth" Revisited," KOF Working papers 06-133, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Anita Wölfl, 2004. "Productivity Growth in Services Industries: Is There a Role for Measurement?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 8, pages 66-80, Spring.
- Alexander Eickelpasch & Georg Erber, 2014. "Analyse der Ansatzpunkte der volkswirtschaftlichen Produktivitätsanalyse von wissensintensiven Dienstleistungen in der amtlichen Statistik: Endbericht; Forschungsprojekt im Auftrag des Fraunhofer-Inst," DIW Berlin: Politikberatung kompakt, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, volume 80, number pbk80, July.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2008. "Has Health Capital Formation Cured 'Baumol's Disease'? - Panel Granger Causality Evidence for OECD Countries," KOF Working papers 08-206, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- repec:clr:wugarc:y:2011:v:37i:2p:269 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zúniga-González, Carlos Alberto, 2012. "Current expenditure impact on the municipality management productivity of Nicaragua, 2007-2011," Working Papers 140548, National Autonomous University of Nicaragua, LeÃ³n (Unan-LeÃ³n), Researching Center for Applied Economics (RCAE).
- Maroto-Sánchez, Andrés & Cuadrado-Roura, Juan R., 2009. "Is growth of services an obstacle to productivity growth? A comparative analysis," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 254-265, December.
- Rabeh Morrar & Faïz Gallouj, 2016.
"The growth of the service sector in Palestine: the productivity challenge,"
Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 179-204.
- Rabeh Morrar & Faïz Gallouj, 2013. "The Growth of the Service Sector in Palestine: The productivity challenge," Post-Print halshs-01222937, HAL.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2007. "Ist die «Baumol’sche Krankheit» geheilt?," KOF Analysen, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich, vol. 1(4), pages 23-31, December.
- Mitsuru Mizuno, 2005. "Development Of The Service Sector In Japan And Its Implications For The Economy," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 485-492, December.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2005. "Sind unsere gesamtwirtschaftlichen Probleme ueberhaupt loesbar?," KOF Working papers 05-112, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Henk L.M. Kox, 2004. "The contribution of business services to aggregate productivity growth," Industrial Organization 0402005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esther Gordo & Javier Jareño & Alberto Urtasun, 2006. "Radiografía del sector servicios en España," Occasional Papers 0607, Banco de España.
- Saltari, Enrico & Wymer, Clifford R. & Federici, Daniela, 2013. "The impact of ICT and business services on the Italian economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 110-118.
- Cassidy, Mark, 2004. "Productivity in Ireland: Trends and Issues," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 83-105, April.
More about this item
Keywordsmanufacturing-service interaction; EU-wide specialisation; manufacturing value chains; industry studies;
All these keywords.
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2015-08-30 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2015-08-30 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GER-2015-08-30 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wii:rpaper:rr:404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wiiwwat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Customer service (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wiiwwat.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.