Economic Reform and Changing Patterns of Labor Force Participation in Urban and Rural China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Jian & Fleisher, Belton M., 1996. "Regional Income Inequality and Economic Growth in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 141-164, April.
- Fleisher, Belton M. & Chen, Jian, 1997. "The Coast-Noncoast Income Gap, Productivity, and Regional Economic Policy in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 220-236, October.
- Lee, Jongchul, 2000. "Changes in the source of China's regional inequality," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 232-245.
- Loraine West, 1999. "Pension reform in China: Preparing for the future," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 153-183.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio & Rachel Connelly & Lan Chen & Lixin Tang, 2011.
"Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China, 1982–2000,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(2), pages 261-294.
- Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Connelly, Rachel & Lan, Chen & Tang, Lixin, 2009. "Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China: 1982 - 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 4204, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nor Amna A’liah Mohd Nor & Rusmawati Said, 2014. "Malaysia's Labour Force Participation in Rural and Urban Areas," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(10), pages 1461-1472, October.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:487966 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Sukti. & Matsumoto, Makiko. & Xia, Cuntao., 2015. "Women in the labour market in China," ILO Working Papers 994879663402676, International Labour Organization.
- Connelly, Rachel & Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Zhang, Dandan, 2014. "The Role of Coresidency with Adult Children in the Labor Force Participation Decisions of Older Men and Women in China," IZA Discussion Papers 8068, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Liu, Qian, 2012. "Unemployment and labor force participation in urban China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 18-33.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; labor force participation; economic reform; occupational attainment; population censuses;
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-06-03 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2006-06-03 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2006-06-03 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-06-03 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2005-787. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .