Consumption Patterns of the New Elite in Zimbabwe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thompson, Craig J & Tambyah, Siok Kuan, 1999. " Trying to Be Cosmopolitan," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 214-241, December.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Belk, Russell W, 1989. " Heaven on Earth: Consumption at Heritage Village, USA," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 227-238, September.
- Sherman, Amy L., 1997. "The Soul of Development: Biblical Christianity and Economic Transformation in Guatemala," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195106718.
- Holt, Douglas B, 1998. " Does Cultural Capital Structure American Consumption?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 1-25, June.
More about this item
Keywordssocial class; economic development; new wealth; conspicuous consumption; family structure; emulation; lifestyle; cultural capital; postcolonialism; globalism; cosmopolitanism;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2001-10-01 (International Finance)
- NEP-MIC-2001-10-01 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2000-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .