Are capital flows fickle? Increasingly ? and does the answer still depend on type?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta & Oliver Masetti, 2018. "Are Capital Flows Fickle? Increasingly? And Does the Answer Still Depend on Type?," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 17(1), pages 22-41, Winter/Sp.
References listed on IDEAS
- John C Bluedorn & Rupa Duttagupta & Jaime Guajardo & Petia Topalova, 2013. "Capital Flows are Fickle; Anytime, Anywhere," IMF Working Papers 13/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Olivier Blanchard & Julien Acalin, 2016. "What Does Measured FDI Actually Measure?," Policy Briefs PB16-17, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Chalongphob Sussangkarn, 2017. "Managing Economic Stability under Volatile Capital Flows: East Asia Perspectives," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 16(1), pages 174-192, Winter/Sp.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Sudden Stops: A Primer on Balance-of-Payments Crises
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2018-06-25 11:59:25
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Yihao & Chen, Fang & Huang, Jian & Shenoy, Catherine, 2019. "Hot money flows and production uncertainty: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
- Tae Soo Kang & Kyunghun Kim, 2019. "Push vs.â€‰ Pull Factors of Capital Flows Revisited: A Cross-country Analysis," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 18(1), pages 39-60, Winter/Sp.
- Shiyi Wang, 2019. "Capital Flow Volatility: The Effects of Financial Development and Global Financial Conditions," 2019 Papers pwa945, Job Market Papers.
- Stephanie Guichard, 2017. "10 Years after the Global Financial Crisis: What Have We Learnt About International Capital Flows?," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(03), pages 1-30, October.
- Fatma Taşdemir & Erdal Özmen, 2018. "Exchange Rate Regimes As Thresholds: The Main Determinants Of Capital Inflows In Emerging Market Economies," ERC Working Papers 1810, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Oct 2018.
- Rogelio Mercado Jr., 2018. "Bilateral Capital Flows: Gravity, Push, and Pull," Trinity Economics Papers tep0818, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Erdal Özmen & Fatma Taşdemir, 2019. "Globalisation And Governance: Thresholds For The Impacts Of The Main Determinants Of Capital Inflows?," ERC Working Papers 1902, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2019.
- Carol Bertaut & Beau Bressler & Stephanie E Curcuru, 2019. "Globalization and the geography of capital flows," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Are post-crisis statistical initiatives completed?, volume 49, Bank for International Settlements.
- Erdal Özmen & Fatma Taşdemir, 2018. "Gross Capital Inflows And Outflows: Twins Or Distant Cousins?," ERC Working Papers 1807, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2018.
- Sónia Araújo & Stéphanie Guichard, 2018. "Costa Rica: Restoring fiscal sustainability and setting the basis for a more growth-friendly and inclusive fiscal policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1484, OECD Publishing.
- Coletta Frenzel Baudisch, 2018. "Sectoral FDI and the Real Exchange Rate: The Role of Financial Development," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201828, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:7972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.