Empowering cities : good for growth ? evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Shenggen & Li, Lixing & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2012. "Challenges of creating cities in China: Lessons from a short-lived county-to-city upgrading policy," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 476-491.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2000. "Bureaucrats, State Banks, and the Efficiency of Credit Allocation: The Experience of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-31, March.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2004.
"Bank Competition and Access to Finance: International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 627-648, June.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2004. "Bank competition and access to finance: international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 627-654.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014.
"Do Firms Want to Borrow More? Testing Credit Constraints Using a Directed Lending Program,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 81(2), pages 572-607.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Duflo, Esther, 2004. "Do Firms Want to Borrow More? Testing Credit Constraints Using a Directed Lending Program," CEPR Discussion Papers 4681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Li, Lixing, 2011. "The incentive role of creating "cities" in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 172-181, March.
- Nicholas Bloom & Aprajit Mahajan & David McKenzie & John Roberts, 2010. "Why Do Firms in Developing Countries Have Low Productivity?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 619-623, May.
- Francis Fukuyama, 2013. "What Is Governance?," Working Papers 314, Center for Global Development.
- Brandt, Loren & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes & Zhang, Yifan, 2014.
"Challenges of working with the Chinese NBS firm-level data,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 339-352.
- Loren BRANDT & Johannes VAN BIESEBROECK & Yifan ZHANG, 2014. "Challenges of working with the Chinese NBS firm-level data," Working Papers Department of Economics ces14.15, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2009.
"Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 423-423.
- Suresh de Mel & David McKenzie & Christopher Woodruff, 2008. "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1329-1372.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2007. "Returns to capital in microenterprises : evidence from a field experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4230, The World Bank.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2007. "Returns to Capital in Microenterprises: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2934, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Wang, Tao, 1997. "The siamese twins: Do state-owned banks favor state-owned enterprises in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 19-29.
More about this item
KeywordsCity to City Alliances; Marketing; Employment and Shared Growth; Private Sector Economics; National Urban Development Policies&Strategies; Non Governmental Organizations; Economics and Institutions; Economic Theory&Research; Urban Economics; Industrial Economics; Regional Urban Development; Public Sector Management and Reform; Economic Growth; Urban Economic Development; Urban Communities; Private Sector Development Law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2015-02-22 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2015-02-22 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2015-02-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:7193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.