Income and energy consumption in Mexican households
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2008. "Energy consumption and real GDP in G7 countries: New evidence from panel cointegration with structural breaks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2331-2341, September.
- Joyeux, Roselyne & Ripple, Ronald D., 2007. "Household energy consumption versus income and relative standard of living: A panel approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 50-60, January.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Barnes, Douglas F. & Samad, Hussain A., 2012. "Are the energy poor also income poor? Evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-12.
- Kanagawa, Makoto & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2007. "Analysis of the energy access improvement and its socio-economic impacts in rural areas of developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 319-329, April.
- Pereira, Marcio Giannini & Freitas, Marcos Aurélio Vasconcelos & da Silva, Neilton Fidelis, 2010. "Rural electrification and energy poverty: Empirical evidences from Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 1229-1240, May.
- Tooraj Jamasb & Helena Meier, 2010.
"Household Energy Expenditure and Income Groups: Evidence from Great Britain,"
EPRG 1003, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, T. & Meier, H., 2010. "Household Energy Expenditure and Income Groups: Evidence from Great Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1011, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jumbe, Charles B. L., 2004. "Cointegration and causality between electricity consumption and GDP: empirical evidence from Malawi," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-68, January.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2007. "Energy consumption, economic growth and prices: A reassessment using panel VECM for developed and developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2481-2490, April.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053, December.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan, 2003. "Energy consumption and GDP: causality relationship in G-7 countries and emerging markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 33-37, January.
- Mehdi Abid & Maamar Sebri, 2012. "Energy Consumption-Economic Growth Nexus: Does the Level of Aggregation Matter?," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(2), pages 55-62.
- Barnes, Douglas F. & Khandker, Shahidur R. & Samad, Hussain A., 2011. "Energy poverty in rural Bangladesh," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 894-904, February.
- Pachauri, S. & Mueller, A. & Kemmler, A. & Spreng, D., 2004. "On Measuring Energy Poverty in Indian Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2083-2104, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul Jimenez & Ariel Yépez-García, 2016. "Composition and Sensitivity of Residential Energy Consumption," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 95257, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Malerba, Daniele, 2020. "Poverty alleviation and local environmental degradation: An empirical analysis in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Rossella Bardazzi & Maria Grazia Pazienza & Maria Eugenia Sanin, 2021. "Life-cycle Characteristics and Energy Practices in Developing Countries: the Case of Mexico," Working Papers - Economics wp2021_11.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Never, Babette & Albert, Jose Ramon & Fuhrmann, Hanna & Gsell, Sebastian & Jaramillo, Miguel & Kuhn, Sascha & Senadza, Bernardin, 2020. "Carbon consumption patterns of emerging middle classes," IDOS Discussion Papers 13/2020, German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS).
- Huaquan Zhang & Yashuang Tang & Martinson Ankrah Twumasi & Abbas Ali Chandio & Lili Guo & Ruixin Wan & Shilei Pan & Yun Shen & Ghulam Raza Sargani, 2022. "The Effects of Ecological Public Welfare Jobs on the Usage of Clean Energy by Farmers: Evidence from Tibet Areas—China," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 12(7), pages 1-16, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Farzana Sharmin & Mohammed Robayet Khan & Mohammed Robayet Khan, 2016. "A Causal Relationship between Energy Consumption, Energy Prices and Economic Growth in Africa," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 477-494.
- Shahateet, Mohammed Issa & Al-Majali, Khalid Ali & Al-Hahabashneh, Fedel, 2014. "Causality and Cointegration between Economic Growth and Energy Consumption: Econometric Evidence from Jordan," MPRA Paper 59067, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2014.
- Husnain, Muhammad Iftikhar ul & Nasrullah, Nasrullah & Khan, Muhammad Aamir & Banerjee, Suvajit, 2021. "Scrutiny of income related drivers of energy poverty: A global perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C).
- HAMDI, Helmi & SBIA, Rashid, 2012. "Modeling causality between Electricity consumption and Economic Growth in BIICS Countries," MPRA Paper 49909, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Qurat-ul-Ann, Abre-Rehmat & Mirza, Faisal Mehmood, 2020. "Meta-analysis of empirical evidence on energy poverty: The case of developing economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C).
- Andreas Georgantopoulos, 2012. "Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth: Analysis and Forecasts using VAR/VEC Approach for Greece with Capital Formation," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(4), pages 263-278.
- Nicholas Apergisu & Dan Danuletiu, 2012. "Energy Consumption and Growth in Romania: Evidence from a Panel Error Correction Model," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(4), pages 348-356.
- Dong, Kangyin & Ren, Xiaohang & Zhao, Jun, 2021. "How does low-carbon energy transition alleviate energy poverty in China? A nonparametric panel causality analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Jalil, Abdul, 2014. "Energy–growth conundrum in energy exporting and importing countries: Evidence from heterogeneous panel methods robust to cross-sectional dependence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 314-324.
- Ghulam Murtaza & Muhammad Zahir Faridi, 2015. "Causality Linkages among Energy Poverty, Income Inequality, Income Poverty and Growth: A System Dynamic Modelling Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(4), pages 407-425.
- Muhumuza, Ronald & Zacharopoulos, Aggelos & Mondol, Jayanta Deb & Smyth, Mervyn & Pugsley, Adrian, 2018. "Energy consumption levels and technical approaches for supporting development of alternative energy technologies for rural sectors of developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 90-102.
- Ahmed, Mumtaz & Azam, Muhammad, 2016. "Causal nexus between energy consumption and economic growth for high, middle and low income countries using frequency domain analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 653-678.
- Gafa, Dede W. & Egbendewe, Aklesso Y.G. & Jodoin, Laurent, 2022. "Operationalizing affordability criterion in energy justice: Evidence from rural West Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Ozturk, Ilhan, 2010. "A literature survey on energy-growth nexus," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 340-349, January.
- Bilal Mehmood & Syed Hassan Raza & Mahwish Rana & Huma Sohaib & Muhammad Azhar Khan, 2014. "Triangular Relationship between Energy Consumption, Price Index and National Income in Asian Countries: A Pooled Mean Group Approach in Presence of Structural Breaks," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 610-620.
- Bezerra, Paula & Cruz, Talita & Mazzone, Antonella & Lucena, André F.P. & De Cian, Enrica & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2022. "The multidimensionality of energy poverty in Brazil: A historical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C).
- Abre-Rehmat Qurat-ul-Ann & Faisal Mehmood Mirza, 2021. "Multidimensional Energy Poverty in Pakistan: Empirical Evidence from Household Level Micro Data," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 155(1), pages 211-258, May.
- Ye, Yuxiang & Koch, Steven F., 2021.
"Measuring energy poverty in South Africa based on household required energy consumption,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Yuxiang Ye & Steven F. Koch, 2020. "Measuring Energy Poverty in South Africa Based on Household Required Energy Consumption," Working Papers 2020108, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2009. "Energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from the Commonwealth of Independent States," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 641-647, September.
- Lorde, Troy & Waithe, Kimberly & Francis, Brian, 2010. "The importance of electrical energy for economic growth in Barbados," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1411-1420, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Production and Transportation; Environment and Energy Efficiency; Energy and Environment; Transport and Environment; Energy Demand;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2014-05-24 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.