Post-harvest loss in Sub-Saharan Africa -- what do farmers say ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Albert Park, 2006. "Risk and Household Grain Management in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 1088-1115, October.
- David E. Sahn & David Stifel, 2003. "Exploring Alternative Measures of Welfare in the Absence of Expenditure Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 49(4), pages 463-489, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Delgado, Luciana & Schuster, Monica & Torero, Maximo, 2017. "Reality of Food Losses: A New Measurement Methodology," MPRA Paper 80378, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Omotilewa, Oluwatoba J. & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Ainembabazi, Herbert & Shively, Gerald, 2016. "Impacts of Improved Storage Technology among Smallholder Farm Households in Uganda," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246454, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Carletto, Calogero & Corral, Paul & Guelfi, Anita, 2017. "Agricultural commercialization and nutrition revisited: Empirical evidence from three African countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 106-118.
- Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2014. "Understanding the agricultural input landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa : recent plot, household, and community-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7014, The World Bank.
- M. S. Sibomana & T. S. Workneh & K. Audain, 2016. "A review of postharvest handling and losses in the fresh tomato supply chain: a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(2), pages 389-404, April.
- Minten, Bart & Engida, Ermias & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2016. "How big are post-harvest losses in Ethiopia? Evidence from teff," ESSP working papers 93, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2017. "Ten striking facts about agricultural input use in Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 12-25.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0734-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ambler, Kate & de Brauw, Alan & Godlonton, Susan, 2017. "Measuring postharvest losses at the farm level in Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 1632, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0714-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Kukom Edoh Ognakossan & Hippolyte D. Affognon & Christopher M. Mutungi & Daniel N. Sila & Soul-Kifouly G. Midingoyi & Willis O. Owino, 2016. "On-farm maize storage systems and rodent postharvest losses in six maize growing agro-ecological zones of Kenya," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(6), pages 1169-1189, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMarkets and Market Access; Crops and Crop Management Systems; Food&Beverage Industry; Technology Industry; Environmental Economics&Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-04-11 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2014-04-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-04-11 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2014-04-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6831. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .