Post-harvest loss in Sub-Saharan Africa -- what do farmers say ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Albert Park, 2006. "Risk and Household Grain Management in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 1088-1115, October.
- David E. Sahn & David Stifel, 2003. "Exploring Alternative Measures of Welfare in the Absence of Expenditure Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 49(4), pages 463-489, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:661-:d:134140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Delgado, Luciana & Schuster, Monica & Torero, Maximo, 2017. "Reality of Food Losses: A New Measurement Methodology," MPRA Paper 80378, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Omotilewa, Oluwatoba J. & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Ainembabazi, Herbert & Shively, Gerald, 2016. "Impacts of Improved Storage Technology among Smallholder Farm Households in Uganda," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246454, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Carletto, Calogero & Corral, Paul & Guelfi, Anita, 2017. "Agricultural commercialization and nutrition revisited: Empirical evidence from three African countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 106-118.
- Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2014. "Understanding the agricultural input landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa : recent plot, household, and community-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7014, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:77:y:2018:i:c:p:103-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. S. Sibomana & T. S. Workneh & K. Audain, 2016. "A review of postharvest handling and losses in the fresh tomato supply chain: a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(2), pages 389-404, April.
- Minten, Bart & Engida, Ermias & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2016. "How big are post-harvest losses in Ethiopia? Evidence from teff," ESSP working papers 93, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2017. "Ten striking facts about agricultural input use in Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 12-25.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0734-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schuster, Monica & Delgado, Luciana & Torero, Maximo, 2018. "The Reality of Food Losses: A New Measurement Methodology," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273859, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dzanku, F.M. & Osei, R.D., 2018. "Impact of pre– and post-harvest training reminders on crop losses and food poverty in Mali," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275924, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:bla:ajarec:v:62:y:2018:i:1:p:139-160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kate Ambler & Alan de Brauw & Susan Godlonton, 2018.
"Measuring postharvest losses at the farm level in Malawi,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 62(1), pages 139-160, January.
- Ambler, Kate & de Brauw, Alan & Godlonton, Susan, 2017. "Measuring postharvest losses at the farm level in Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 1632, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0714-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Marshall Burke & Lauren Falcao Bergquist & Edward Miguel, 2018. "Sell Low and Buy High: Arbitrage and Local Price Effects in Kenyan Markets," NBER Working Papers 24476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kukom Edoh Ognakossan & Hippolyte D. Affognon & Christopher M. Mutungi & Daniel N. Sila & Soul-Kifouly G. Midingoyi & Willis O. Owino, 2016. "On-farm maize storage systems and rodent postharvest losses in six maize growing agro-ecological zones of Kenya," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(6), pages 1169-1189, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2381-:d:156956 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:52-67 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMarkets and Market Access; Crops and Crop Management Systems; Food&Beverage Industry; Technology Industry; Environmental Economics&Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-04-11 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2014-04-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-04-11 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2014-04-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6831. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .