The ghost of financing gap : how the Harrod-Domar growth model still haunts development economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul, 1993. "Idea gaps and object gaps in economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 543-573, December.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991. "Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"When is foreign aid policy credible? Aid dependence and conditionality,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 61-84, February.
- Svensson, J., 1995. "When Is Foreign Aid Policy Credible? Aid Dependence and Conditionality," Papers 600, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "When is foreign aid policy credible : aid dependence and conditionality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1740, The World Bank.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "When is Foreign Aid Policy Credible? - Aid Dependence and Conditionality," Seminar Papers 600, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Pritchett, Lant, 1996. "Mind your P's and Q's : the cost of public investment is not the value of public capital," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1660, The World Bank.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Boserup, Mogens, 1969. "Warning against Optimistic ICOR Statistics," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 774-776.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, K. & Serven, L., 1997. "Saving Across the World: Puzzles and Policies," World Bank - Discussion Papers 354, World Bank.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brück, Tilman & Xu, Guo, 2012.
"Who gives aid to whom and when? Aid accelerations, shocks and policies,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 593-606.
- Tilman Brück & Guo Xu, 2011. "Who Gives Aid to Whom and When?: Aid Accelerations, Shocks and Policies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1133, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tilman Brück & Guo Xu, 2011. "Who Gives Aid to Whom and When?: Aid Accelerations, Shocks and Policies," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 49, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Pallage, Stephane & Robe, Michel A, 2001.
"Foreign Aid and the Business Cycle,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 641-672, November.
- Stephane Pallage & Michel Robe, 1998. "Foreign Aid and the Business Cycle," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 63, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Michel A. Robe & Stephane Pallage, 2000. "Foreign Aid And The Business Cycle," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 107, Society for Computational Economics.
- repec:sdo:regaec:v:26:y:2017:i:2_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Egor Kraev & Bishop Akolgo, 2005. "Assessing Modelling Approaches to the Distributional Effects of Macroeconomic Policy," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 23(3), pages 299-312, May.
- Gabriele Tondl, 1999. "What Determined the Uneven Growth of Europe´s Southern Regions? An Empirical Study with Panel Data," Working Papers geewp04, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 1999. "How inadequate provision of public infrastructure and services affects private investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2262, The World Bank.
- Thilak Ranaweera, 2004. "Ghost of the financing gap: an overlooked aspect of the aid debate," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 637-652.
- World Bank, 2002. "The Republic of Yemen - Economic Growth : Sources, Constraints and Potentials," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15383, The World Bank.
- Jean-David Naudet & Denis Cogneau & Lisa Chauvet, 2008.
"Sélectivité et égalité des chances dans l’allocation de l’aide internationale. Une analyse de la dernière décennie,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 186(5), pages 23-38.
- Lisa Chauvet & Denis Cogneau & Jean-David Naudet, 2008. "Sélectivité et égalité des chances dans l'allocation de l'aide internationale. Une analyse de la dernière décennie," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(5), pages 23-38.
- Ali Abdel Gadir Ali, "undated". "Can the Sudan Reduce Poverty by Half by the Year 2015?," API-Working Paper Series 0304, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Ulrich Fritsche, 1999. "Konzeptionelle Schwächen von IWF-Stabilisierungsprogrammen im Kontext der Asienkrise," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 68(1), pages 110-117.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 1999. "Confronting competition - investment response and constraints in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2242, The World Bank.
- José Reyes Bernal-Bellón, 2011. "Reflexiones acerca de los desarrollos recientes del modelo de crecimiento de Harrod," REVISTA CIFE, UNIVERSIDAD SANTO TOMÁS, June.
- Nicolas Ponty, 2005. "Un modèle MAcroDYNamique des économies des pays membres de l’UEMOA : MADYN," Documents de travail 118, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Decentralization; Public Health Promotion; Governance Indicators; Economic Theory&Research; Achieving Shared Growth; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Growth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1807. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.