Explaining Pakistan's high growth performance over the past two decades : can it be sustained ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Haque, Nadeem U. & Montiel, Peter, 1991. "The macroeconomics of public sector deficits : the case of Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 673, The World Bank.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "Cross-country studies of growth and policy : methodological, conceptual, and statistical problems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 608, The World Bank.
- Ijaz Nabi, 1984. "Issues in the Economics of Industrialization in Developing Countries: A Case Study from Pakistan's Light Engineering Sector," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 23(2-3), pages 311-329.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1989. "External Debt, Inflation, and the Public Sector: Toward Fiscal Policy for Sustainable Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 3(3), pages 297-320, September.
- Baffes, John & Shah, Anwar, 1998.
"Productivity of Public Spending, Sectoral Allocation Choices, and Economic Growth,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 291-303, January.
- Baffes, John & Shah, Anwar, 1993. "Productivity of public spending, sectoral allocation choices, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1178, The World Bank.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1988. "Measures of Openness," NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 145-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "Losers and Winners in Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Daniel, 1988. "The Management of the Developing Countries' Debt: Guidelines and Applications to Brazil," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(1), pages 77-103, January.
- Friedman, Milton, 1971. "Government Revenue from Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 846-856, July-Aug..
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Bee Wah, 2014. "A revalidation of the savings–growth nexus in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 370-377.
- Gustav F. Papanek, 1996. "Pakistan’s Development and Asian Experience," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 343-382.
- Looney, Robert E., 1997. "Infrastructure and private sector investment in Pakistan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 393-420.
- Leszek Balcerowicz & Andrzej Rzonca, 2015. "Puzzles of Economic Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20601.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Achieving Shared Growth; Economic Theory&Research; Economic Growth; Banks&Banking Reform;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .