The use of New York cotton futures contracts to hedge cotton price risk in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gemmill, Gordon, 1985. "Optimal hedging on futures markets for commodity-exporting nations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 243-261, March.
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Satyanarayan, Sudhakar & Thigpen, Elton & Varangis, Panos & DEC, 1993. "Hedging cotton price risk in Francophone African countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1233, The World Bank.
- Larson, Donald F., 1993. "Policies for coping with price uncertainty for Mexican maize : policies for maize price variability in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1120, The World Bank.
- Varangis, Panos & Thigpen, Elton & Takamasa Akiyama, 1993. "Risk management prospects for Egyptian cotton," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1077, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C. W. Morgan & A. J. Rayner & C. Vaillant, 1999. "Agricultural futures markets in LDCs: a policy response to price volatility?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 893-910.
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance&Risk Mitigation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Non Bank Financial Institutions; Financial Intermediation; Insurance Law;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .