Youth Labor Migration in Nepal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Lokshin & Elena Glinskaya, 2009. "The Effect of Male Migration on Employment Patterns of Women in Nepal," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(3), pages 481-507, November.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2002.
"The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 351-372, April.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2000. "The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration," Papers 00-39, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2001. "The Optimal Migration Duration and Activity Choice after Re-migration," IZA Discussion Papers 266, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2000. "The Optimal Migration Duration and Activity Choice after Re-migration," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 00-39, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Larry A. Sjaastad, 1962. "The Costs and Returns of Human Migration," NBER Chapters, in: Investment in Human Beings, pages 80-93, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCormick, Barry & Wahba, Jackline, 2001. "Overseas Work Experience, Savings and Entrepreneurship amongst Return Migrants to LDCs," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 164-178, May.
- Beam, Emily A., 2016. "Do job fairs matter? Experimental evidence on the impact of job-fair attendance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 32-40.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014.
"Underinvestment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 82(5), pages 1671-1748, September.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Underinvestment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 82, pages 1671-1748, September.
- Bryan, Gharad & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Mobarak Mushfiq, Ahmed, 2014. "Underinvestment in a profitable technology: the case of seasonal migration in Bangladesh," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60152, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Under-investment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh," NBER Working Papers 20172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steffen Reinhold & Kevin Thom, 2013. "Migration Experience and Earnings in the Mexican Labor Market," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 48(3), pages 768-820.
- Regmi, Madhav & Paudel, Krishna P. & Williams, Deborah, 2014. "Push and Pull Factors Associated with Migration in Nepal: An Economic Perspective," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170530, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Alice Mesnard, 2004. "Temporary migration and capital market imperfections," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 242-262, April.
- Phadera, Lokendra, 2016. "International Migration and its Effect on Labor Supply of the Left-Behind Household Members: Evidence from Nepal," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235968, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Suresh Naidu & Yaw Nyarko & Shing-Yi Wang, 2016. "Monopsony Power in Migrant Labor Markets: Evidence from the United Arab Emirates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(6), pages 1735-1792.
- Shrestha,Maheshwor, 2017. "Death scares : how potential work-migrants infer mortality rates from migrant deaths," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7946, The World Bank.
- Fernández-Huertas Moraga, Jesús, 2013.
"Understanding different migrant selection patterns in rural and urban Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 182-201.
- Jesus Fernández-Huertas Moraga, 2013. "Understanding Different Migrant Selection Patterns in Rural and Urban Mexico," Working Papers 2013-02, FEDEA.
- Cynthia Bansak & Brian Chezum, 2009. "How Do Remittances Affect Human Capital Formation of School-Age Boys and Girls?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 145-148, May.
- Shrestha,Maheshwor, 2017. "Push and pull : a study of international migration from Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7965, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group, 2018. "A Migrant’s Journey for Better Opportunities," World Bank Other Operational Studies 30272, The World Bank.
- Najeeb,Fatima & Morales,Matias & Lopez-Acevedo,Gladys C., 2020. "Analyzing Female Employment Trends in South Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9157, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Economics and Trade - Poverty and Trade International Economics and Trade - Trade and Labor Poverty Reduction - Employment and Shared Growth Poverty Reduction - Migration and Development Social Protections and Labor - Labor Markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:29682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.