Ellsberg Rules and Keynes’s State of Long-Term Expectation: More Than an Accordance
This paper advances an intuitive way to represent Keynes’s notion of long-term expectation. The epsilon-contamination approach is introduced and a rational and coherent decision rule is derived. The result is evidence that Ellsberg and Keynes share the notion of uncertainty and adopt the same class of decision rules.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcello Basili & Alain Chateauneuf, 2013.
"Aggregation of coherent experts opinion: a tractable extreme-outcomes consistent rule,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
676, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Marcello Basili & Alain Chateauneuf, 2014. "Aggregation of coherent experts opinion: a tractable extreme-outcomes consistent rule," Working Papers 2014-541, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Eichberger, Jurgen & Grant, Simon, 2007.
"Choice under uncertainty with the best and worst in mind: Neo-additive capacities,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 538-567, November.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Eichberger, Jürgen & Grant, Simon, 2003. "Choice under Uncertainty with the Best and Worst in Mind: Neo-additive Capacities," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 03-10, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Grant, Simon & Chateauneuf, A. & Eichberger, J., 2002. "Choice under Uncertainty with the Best and Worst in Mind: Neo-additive Capacities," Working Papers 2002-10, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Jürgen Eichberger & Simon Grant, 2007. "Choice under uncertainty with the best and worst in mind: neo-additive capacities," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00271279, HAL.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Eichberger, Jürgen & Grant, Simon, 2003. "Choice under uncertainty with the best and worst in mind : neo-additive capacities," Papers 03-10, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Gerrard, Bill, 1994. "Beyond Rational Expectations: A Constructive Interpretation of Keynes's Analysis of Behaviour under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 327-37, March.
- Basili, Marcello & Zappia, Carlo, 2009. "Keynes's "non-numerical" probabilities and non-additive measures," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 419-430, June.
- Lawson, Tony, 1985. "Uncertainty and Economic Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380), pages 909-27, December.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Methods and Problems in Business Cycle Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 696-715, November.
- Marcello Basili & Luca Pratelli, 2013. "Aggregation of not necessarily independent opinions," Department of Economics University of Siena 677, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Fontana, Giuseppe & Gerrard, Bill, 2004. "A Post Keynesian theory of decision making under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 619-637, October.
- Wakker, Peter & Tversky, Amos, 1993. "An Axiomatization of Cumulative Prospect Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 147-75, October.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Maxmin Expected Utility with Non-Unique Prior,"
- Marcello Basili & Alain Chateauneuf, 2011. "Extreme events and entropy: A multiple quantile utility model," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00685405, HAL.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- Michael Emmett Brady & Rogério Arthmar, 2012. "Keynes, Boole and the interval approach to probability," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 20(3), pages 65-84.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Kopylov, Igor, 2009. "Choice deferral and ambiguity aversion," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 4(2), June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.