Möglichkeiten der Konjunktursteuerung: Grundsätzliche Überlegungen für die Schweiz
First, the challenges of the financial and economic crisis for macroeconomic theory are addressed. Then, the possibilities of Swiss fiscal policy to overcome this crisis or at least to mitigate its economic and social consequences are discussed. It is shown that these possibilities are rather limited, because in Switzerland the crisis is mainly one of the export industry. In this situation, the typical demand management instruments of fiscal policy are not effective. Thus, it is even more important that the Swiss government takes the long-run (growth) impact of its policy measures into account and that it engages itself in fighting protectionism and keeping international markets open.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Dufourstrasse 50, CH - 9000 St.Gallen|
Phone: +41 71 224 23 25
Fax: +41 71 224 31 35
Web page: http://www.seps.unisg.ch/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"State Versus Private Ownership,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1841, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tesfaselassie, Mewael F., 2009.
"Looking forward: Exiting unconventional monetary policy,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
32849, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tesfaselassie, Mewael F., 2009. "Looking forward: exiting unconventional monetary policy," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 32960, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tesfaselassie, Mewael F., 2009. "Looking forward: Exiting unconventional monetary policy," Kiel Policy Brief 13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- M. Woodford., 2010.
"Convergence in Macroeconomics: Elements of the New Synthesis,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 10.
- Michael Woodford, 2009. "Convergence in Macroeconomics: Elements of the New Synthesis," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 267-279, January.
- Mayer, Eric & Stähler, Nikolai, 2009.
"The debt brake: business cycle and welfare consequences of Germany's new fiscal policy rule,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2009,24, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Eric Mayer & Nikolai Stähler, 2013. "The debt brake: business cycle and welfare consequences of Germany’s new fiscal policy rule," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 39-74, February.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2010.
"The limits to fiscal stimulus,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 48-70, Spring.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997.
"The selection principle and market failure in systems competition,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19854, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1997. "The selection principle and market failure in systems competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 247-274, November.
- Roger Congleton, 2009. "On the political economy of the financial crisis and bailout of 2008–2009," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 287-317, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usg:dp2010:2010-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Flockerzi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.