On the effect of the geographical scope of agglomeration economies on firm location
This article analyses how agglomeration economies shaped the location decisions of new manufacturing start-ups in Catalan municipalities in 2001-2005. We estimate whether the locations of new firms are spatially autocorrelated and whether this phenomenon is industry-specific. Our aim is to estimate the geographical scope of agglomeration economies on firm entries. The data set comes from a compulsory register of manufacturing establishments (REIC: Catalan Manufacturing Establishments Register). JEL classification: R1, R3 Keywords: firm location; spatial autocorrelation
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. de la Universitat,1 - 43204 Reus (Tarragona)|
Phone: 977 75 98 00
Fax: 977 75 98 10
Web page: http://www.urv.cat
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salvador Barrios & Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl & Antonio Carlos Teixeira, 2009. "Spatial Distribution of Manufacturing Activity and its Determinants: A Comparison of Three Small European Countries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 721-738.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2007.
"A note on spatial autocorrelation at a local level,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 667-671.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2005. "A note on Spatial Autocorrelation at a Local Level," Working Papers 2072/1753, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Simon Sanchez Moral, 2009. "Industrial Clusters and New Firm Creation in the Manufacturing Sector of Madrid's Metropolitan Region," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(7), pages 949-965.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2006. "Where do firms choose to locate their R&D ? A spatial conditional logit analysis on French data," Post-Print ujm-00120481, HAL.
- Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & Liviano Solís, Daniel & Manjón Antolín, Miguel C., 2008.
"Empirical studies in industrial location: an assessment of their methods and results,"
2072/9257, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Daniel Liviano-Solis & Miguel Manjón-Antolín, 2010. "Empirical Studies In Industrial Location: An Assessment Of Their Methods And Results," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 685-711.
- Jopep M. Arauzo-Carod & Miguel C. ManjÃ³n-AntolÃn (ed.), 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Industrial Location and Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12798.
- Jahyeong Koo & Yune Lee, 2006. "Do historical events matter in geographic agglomeration? The case of South Korea," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(15), pages 1013-1016.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2006. "Where Do Firms Choose to Locate Their R&D? A Spatial Conditional Logit Analysis on French Data," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 1187-1208, May.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Strange, William C., 2001. "The Determinants of Agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 191-229, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:urv:wpaper:2072/151542. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ariadna Casals)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.