Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy J. Bartik, "undated".
"What Should the Federal Government Be Doing About Urban Economic Development?,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
tjb1994c, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1994. "What Should the Federal Government Be Doing About Urban Economic Development?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 94-25, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Alan H. Peters, 1993. "Clawbacks and the Administration of Economic Development Policy in the Midwest," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 7(4), pages 328-340, November.
- Andrew Haughwout & Robert Inman & Steven Craig & Thomas Luce, 2004.
"Local Revenue Hills: Evidence from Four U.S. Cities,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 570-585, May.
- Andrew Haughwout & Robert Inman & Steven G. Craig & Thomas Luce, 2000. "Local Revenue Hills: Evidence from Four U. S. Cities," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-012, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 Mar 2003.
- Andrew F. Haughwout & Robert P. Inman & Steven Craig & Thomas Luce, 2003. "Local Revenue Hills: Evidence from Four U.S. Cities," NBER Working Papers 9686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy J. Bartik & Peter K. Eisinger & George A. Erickcek, 2003. "Economic Development Policy in Michigan," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Charles L. Ballard & Paul N. courant & Douglas C. Drake & Ronald C. Fisher & Elisabeth R. Gerber (ed.), Michigan at the Millennium: A Benchmark and Analysis of Its Fiscal and Economic Structure, pages 279-297 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1996. "Eight issues for policy toward economic development incentives," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 43-46.
- Michael Wasylenko, 1997. "Taxation and economic development: the state of the economic literature," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 37-52.
- William H. Oakland & William A. Testa, 1996. "State-local business taxation and the benefits principle," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan, pages 2-19.
- Paul Osterman & Rosemary Batt, 1993. "Employer-centered training for international competitiveness: Lessons from state programs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 456-477.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Drabenstott, 2006. "Rethinking federal policy for regional economic development," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 115-142.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic; development; incentives; local; regional; Bartik; solutions;
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-06-27 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2004-06-27 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2004-06-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:weupjo:04-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .