Econometrics and decision making: Effects of presentation mode
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robin Hogarth & Emre Soyer, 2010. "Econometrics and Decision Making: Effects of Presentation Mode," Working Papers 426, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Camerer, Colin F & Hogarth, Robin M, 1999.
"The Effects of Financial Incentives in Experiments: A Review and Capital-Labor-Production Framework,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 7-42, December.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Hogarth, Robin M., 1999. "The Effects of Financial Incentives in Experiments: A Review and Capital-Labor-Production Framework," Working Papers 1059, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1978. "Rationality as Process and as Product of Thought," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. "On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2007. "Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989–2005," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 952-1012, October.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arribas, Iván & Comeig, Irene & Urbano, Amparo & Vila, José, 2014.
"Statistical formats to optimize evidence-based decision making: A behavioral approach,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 790-794.
- Iván Arribas & Irene Comeig & Amparo Urbano Salvador & Jose E. Vila, 2013. "Statistical formats to optimize evidence-based decision making: a behavioral approach," Discussion Papers in Economic Behaviour 0513, University of Valencia, ERI-CES.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Soyer, Emre & Hogarth, Robin M., 2012. "The illusion of predictability: How regression statistics mislead experts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 695-711.
- Thomas Kourouxous & Thomas Bauer, 2019. "Violations of dominance in decision-making," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 12(1), pages 209-239, April.
- Mercè Roca & Robin Hogarth & A. Maule, 2006.
"Ambiguity seeking as a result of the status quo bias,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 175-194, May.
- Mercè Roca & Robin Hogarth & A. John Maule, 2005. "Ambiguity seeking as a result of the status quo bias," Economics Working Papers 882, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2006.
- Mercè Roca & Robin Hogarth & A. John Maule, 2005. "Ambiguity Seeking as a Result of the Status Quo Bias," Working Papers 114, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Codagnone, Cristiano, 2021.
"Microfoundations, behaviour, and evolution: Evidence from experiments,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 372-385.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Codagnone, Cristiano, 2017. "Microfoundations, Behaviour, and Evolution: Evidence from Experiments," MPRA Paper 82479, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ulrich Schmidt & Christian Seidl, 2014.
"Reconsidering the common ratio effect: the roles of compound independence, reduction, and coalescing,"
Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 323-339, October.
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Seidl, Christian, 2014. "Reconsidering the common ratio effect: The roles of compound independence, reduction, and coalescing," Kiel Working Papers 1930, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Newark, Daniel A., 2014. "Indecision and the construction of self," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 162-174.
- David Dequech, 2008. "Varieties of uncertainty: a survey of the economic literature," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211223070, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Pietro Guarnieri & Tommaso Luzzati, 2018. "Riflessioni intorno al tema della razionalità in economia," Discussion Papers 2018/237, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Erixon, Lennart, 1998. "The Theory of Transformation Pressure - a New Perspective on Growth and Economic Policy," Research Papers in Economics 1998:3, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Rothengatter, Marloes, 2016. "Insights in cognitive patterns : Essays on heuristics and identification," Other publications TiSEM 5f812a9d-8968-48b8-8d1b-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Rodolfo Garcia Sierra & Alvaro Zerda Sarmiento, 2016. "Hydropower Megaprojects in Colombia and the Influence of Local Communities: A View from Prospect Theory to Decision Making Process based on Expert Judgment used in Large Organizations," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 408-420.
- Michael Birnbaum, 2005. "A Comparison of Five Models that Predict Violations of First-Order Stochastic Dominance in Risky Decision Making," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 263-287, December.
- Altman, Morris, 2014. "Insights from behavioral economics on how labor markets work," Working Paper Series 3466, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Etchart-Vincent, Nathalie, 2007. "Expérimentation de laboratoire et économie : contre quelques idées reçues et faux problèmes," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 83(1), pages 91-116, mars.
- Dharshing, Samdruk & Hille, Stefanie Lena & Wüstenhagen, Rolf, 2017. "The Influence of Political Orientation on the Strength and Temporal Persistence of Policy Framing Effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 295-305.
- Martin Gold, 2010. "Fiduciary Finance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13813.
- Marc Scholten & Daniel Read & Neil Stewart, 2019. "The framing of nothing and the psychology of choice," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 125-149, October.
- Cunningham, Thomas, 2013. "Biases and Implicit Knowledge," MPRA Paper 50292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christiane Goodfellow & Dirk Schiereck & Steffen Wippler, 2013. "Are behavioural finance equity funds a superior investment? A note on fund performance and market efficiency," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(2), pages 111-119, April.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2012.
"Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 133-152.
- Kerri Brick & Martine Visser & Justine Burns, 2011. "Risk Aversion: Experimental Evidence from South African Fishing Communities," Working Papers 227, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
KeywordsRegression analysis; presentation formats; probabilistic predictions; graphs.; leex;
All these keywords.
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- Y10 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Data: Tables and Charts - - - Data: Tables and Charts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2010-04-04 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2010-04-04 (Econometrics)
- NEP-HPE-2010-04-04 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.