An Integrative Model of Rational Diet and Physical Activity: Physiological, Gastronomic and Budgetary Aspects
This paper constructs a model for analyzing the deviations of consumers’ diet and physical activity from their physiologically optimal ones with distinction between a nutritionally and digestively superior food and a taste and price superior food. The consideration of both diet and physical activity and the inclusion of cause-and-effect relationships of the deviations from their physiological optimal ones with ageing, craving, digestive discomfort, health-dependent budget, and non-food consumption and the consideration of intertemporarily bounded rationality adds realistic features to the analysis of rational eating.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522 Australia|
Phone: +612 4221-3659
Fax: +612 4221-3725
Web page: http://business.uow.edu.au/econ/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levy, Amnon, 2006. "Junk Food, Health and Productivity: Taste, Price, Risk and Rationality," Economics Working Papers wp06-22, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Levy, Amnon, 2002. "A Theory of Rational Junk-Food Consumption," Economics Working Papers wp02-11, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 2002.
"The Growth of Obesity and Technological Change: A Theoretical and Empirical Examination,"
0203, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 2002. "The Growth of Obesity and Technological Change: A Theoretical and Empirical Examination," NBER Working Papers 8946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levy, Amnon, 2002. "Rational eating: can it lead to overweightness or underweightness?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 887-899, September.
- Grace Lordan & John Quiggin, 2011.
"Should we put a thin subsidy on the policy table in the fight against obesity-?,"
Discussion Papers Series
417, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Lordan Grace & Quiggin John, 2011. "Should We Put a Thin Subsidy on the Policy Table in the Fight against Obesity?," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-13, March.
- Levy, Amnon, 2009. "Rational eating: A proposition revisited," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 908-909, July.
- Dragone, Davide, 2009. "A rational eating model of binges, diets and obesity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 799-804, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uow:depec1:wp11-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Siminski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.