Estimates of the impact of COVID-19 on global poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Gentilini & Mohamed Almenfi & Ian Orton & Pamela Dale, 2020. "Social Protection and Jobs Responses to COVID-19," World Bank Publications - Reports 33635, The World Bank Group.
- Warwick McKibbin & Roshen Fernando, 2021.
"The Global Macroeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: Seven Scenarios,"
Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 20(2), pages 1-30, Summer.
- Warwick McKibbin & Roshen Fernando, 2020. "The global macroeconomic impacts of COVID-19: Seven scenarios," CAMA Working Papers 2020-19, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2018. "Sectoral Productivity Growth and Poverty Reduction: National and Global Impacts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 429-439.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nana Liu & Zeshui Xu & Marinko Skare, 2021. "The research on COVID-19 and economy from 2019 to 2020: analysis from the perspective of bibliometrics," Oeconomia Copernicana, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 12(2), pages 217-268, June.
- Gutiérrez-Romero, Roxana & Ahamed, Mostak, 2021. "COVID-19 response needs to broaden financial inclusion to curb the rise in poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- A. G. Aganbegyan & A. N. Klepach & B. N. Porfiryev & M. N. Uzyakov & A. A. Shirov, 2020. "Post-Pandemic Recovery: The Russian Economy and the Transition to Sustainable Social and Economic Development," Studies on Russian Economic Development, Springer, vol. 31(6), pages 599-605, November.
- Piotr Sorokowski & Agata Groyecka & Marta Kowal & Agnieszka Sorokowska & Michał Białek & Izabela Lebuda & Małgorzata Dobrowolska & Przemysław Zdybek & Maciej Karwowski, 2020. "Can Information about Pandemics Increase Negative Attitudes toward Foreign Groups? A Case of COVID-19 Outbreak," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(12), pages 1-10, June.
- Rubén Muñoz Pavón & Antonio A. Arcos Alvarez & Marcos G. Alberti, 2020. "Possibilities of BIM-FM for the Management of COVID in Public Buildings," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(23), pages 1-21, November.
- Claudia Salceanu & Mariana Floricica Calin, 2022. "The Pandemic Context and Quality of Life for Youth in Constanta County," Technium Social Sciences Journal, Technium Science, vol. 27(1), pages 687-696, January.
- Yanguas Parra, Paola & Hauenstein, Christian & Oei, Pao-Yu, 2021. "The death valley of coal – Modelling COVID-19 recovery scenarios for steam coal markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 288(C).
- Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & D'Imperio, Paolo & Felici, Francesco, 2022.
"The fiscal response to the Italian COVID-19 crisis: A counterfactual analysis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C).
- DI BARTOLOMEO, Giovanni & D'IMPERIO, Paolo & FELICI, Francesco, 2021. "The fiscal response to the Italian COVID-19 crisis: A counterfactual analysis," Working Papers 2021006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Paolo D'Imperio & Francesco Felici, 2021. "The fiscal response to the Italian COVID-19 crisis: A counterfactual analysis," Working Papers in Public Economics 216, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Economics and Law.
- Brum, Matias & De Rosa, Mauricio, 2021. "Too little but not too late: nowcasting poverty and cash transfers’ incidence during COVID-19’s crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- O. Fiona Yap, 2020. "A New Normal or Business-as-Usual? Lessons for COVID-19 from Financial Crises in East and Southeast Asia," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(5), pages 1504-1534, December.
- Anda David & Yoro Diallo & Björn Nilsson, 2023. "Informality and Inequality: The African Case," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 32(Supplemen), pages 273-295.
- Oleksiuk Adam & Pleśniak Agnieszka, 2022. "Environment Characteristics and Internationalization of SMEs: Insights from a Polish and Finnish Sample," Journal of Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, Sciendo, vol. 30(3), pages 175-194, September.
- Matías Brum & Mauricio de Rosa, 2020. "Too little but not too late. Nowcasting poverty and cash transfers' incidence in Uruguay during COVID-19's crisis," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 20-09, Instituto de EconomÃa - IECON.
- James Chapman & Ajit Desai, 2021. "Using Payments Data to Nowcast Macroeconomic Variables During the Onset of COVID-19," Staff Working Papers 21-2, Bank of Canada.
- Emmanuel Apergis & Nicholas Apergis, 2021. "The impact of COVID-19 on economic growth: evidence from a Bayesian Panel Vector Autoregressive (BPVAR) model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(58), pages 6739-6751, December.
- Fang, Lan & Quan, Yurong & Mao, Hui & Chen, Shaojian, 2022. "The Information Communication Technology and Off-farm Employment of Rural Laborers: An Analysis Based on the Micro Data of China Family Panel Studies," 2022 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Anaheim, California 322088, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sadananda Prusty & Anubha & Saurabh Gupta, 2021. "On the Road to Recovery: The Role of Post-Lockdown Stimulus Package," FIIB Business Review, , vol. 11(2), pages 206-224, June.
- Amory Martin & Maryia Markhvida & Stéphane Hallegatte & Brian Walsh, 2020.
"Socio-Economic Impacts of COVID-19 on Household Consumption and Poverty,"
Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 453-479, October.
- Amory Martin & Maryia Markhvida & St'ephane Hallegatte & Brian Walsh, 2020. "Socio-Economic Impacts of COVID-19 on Household Consumption and Poverty," Papers 2005.05945, arXiv.org.
- Laborde, David & Mamun, Abdullah & Martin, Will & Pineiro, Valeria & Vos, Rob, 2020.
"Modeling the Impacts of Agricultural Support Policies on Emissions from Agriculture,"
333141, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Laborde Debucquet, David & Mamun, Abdullah & Martin, Will & PiÃ±eiro, Valeria & Vos, Rob, 2020. "Modeling the impacts of agricultural support policies on emissions from agriculture," IFPRI discussion papers 1954, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- David Laborde & Abdullah Mamun & Will Martin & Valeria Piñeiro & Rob Vos, 2020. "Modeling the Impacts of Agricultural Support Policies on Emissions from Agriculture," NBER Working Papers 27202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernandes, Leonardo H.S. & de Araujo, Fernando H.A. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2021. "Insights from the (in)efficiency of Chinese sectoral indices during COVID-19," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 578(C).
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal poverty; COVID-19; SDGs; Crisis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp-2020-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Siméon Rapin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.