Corporate Governance, Innovative Enterprise, and Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Casper & Mark Lehrer & David Soskice, 1999. "Can High-technology Industries Prosper in Germany? Institutional Frameworks and the Evolution of the German Software and Biotechnology Industries," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 5-24.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002.
"Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Marie Carpenter & William Lazonick & Mary O'Sullivan, 2003. "The stock market and innovative capability in the New Economy: the optical networking industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(5), pages 963-1034, October.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Joseph Fuller & Michael C. Jensen, 2010.
"Just Say No to Wall Street: Putting a Stop to the Earnings Game,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 22(1), pages 59-63.
- Joseph Fuller & Michael C. Jensen, 2002. "Just Say No To Wall Street: Putting A Stop To The Earnings Game," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 14(4), pages 41-46.
- D. C. Coleman, 1973. "Gentlemen and Players," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 26(1), pages 92-98, February.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-264, April.
- CARLISS Y. Baldwin & Kim B. Clark, 1992. "Capabilities And Capital Investment: New Perspectives On Capital Budgeting," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(2), pages 67-82.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:30:y:1996:i:4:p:1212-1216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Breach of Trust in Hostile Takeovers," NBER Chapters,in: Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences, pages 33-68 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julian Franks & Colin Mayer & Stefano Rossi, 2003.
"Spending Less Time with the Family: The Decline of Family Ownership in the UK,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2003fe15, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Julian Franks & Colin Mayer & Stefano Rossi, 2004. "Spending Less Time with the Family: The Decline of Family Ownership in the UK," NBER Working Papers 10628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jürgens, Ulrich, 2002. "Corporate governance, innovation, and economic performance: A case study on Volkswagen," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Regulation of Work FS II 02-205, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Michel Goyer, 2001. "Corporate Governance And The Innovation System In France 1985-2000," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 135-158.
- Corbett, Jenny & Jenkinson, Tim, 1997. "How Is Investment Financed? A Study of Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(0), pages 69-93, Supplemen.
- Dore, Ronald, 2000. "Stock Market Capitalism: Welfare Capitalism: Japan and Germany versus the Anglo-Saxons," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199240616.
- Brian R. Cheffins, 2004. "Are good managers required for a separation of ownership and control?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 591-618, August.
- A. M. Spence, 1981. "The Learning Curve and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 49-70, Spring.
- Egon Franck & Christian Opitz, 2003. "Different higher education patterns of topmanagers in the U.S., France, and Germany. A signaling approach," Working Papers 0022, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Jaikumar, Ramchandran, 1989. "Japanese flexible manufacturing systems : Impact on the United States," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 113-143, March.
- Mowery, David C. & Langlois, Richard N., 1996. "Spinning off and spinning on(?): the federal government role in the development of the US computer software industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 947-966, September.
- William Lazonick & Andrea Prencipe, 2005. "Dynamic capabilities and sustained innovation: strategic control and financial commitment at Rolls-Royce plc," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 501-542, June.
- Hilary, Gilles & Oshika, Tomoki, 2003. "Shareholder activism in Japan: social pressure, private cost and organized crime," CEI Working Paper Series 2003-20, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Lazonick, William, 1999. "The Japanese Economy and Corporate Reform: What Path to Sustainable Prosperity?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 607-633, December.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate governance; innovative enterprise; economic development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2006-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.