U.S. and Soviet foreign aid during the Cold War: A case study of Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elias Papaioannou, 2014.
"National Institutions and Subnational Development in Africa,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 129(1), pages 151-213.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Elias Papaioannou, 2012. "National Institutions and Subnational Development in Africa," NBER Working Papers 18275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2013. "National Institutions and Subnational Development in Africa," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 154, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer, 2015. "The Next Generation of the Penn World Table," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3150-3182, October.
- Osafo-Kwaako, Philip & Robinson, James A., 2013. "Political centralization in pre-colonial Africa," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 6-21.
- Gaaitzen de Vries & Marcel Timmer & Klaas de Vries, 2015.
"Structural Transformation in Africa: Static Gains, Dynamic Losses,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(6), pages 674-688, June.
- Vries, Klaas de & Timmer, Marcel P. & Vries, Gaaitzen J. de, 2013. "Structural transformation in Africa: Static gains, dynamic losses," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-136, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2015.
"Further evidence on the link between pre-colonial political centralization and comparative economic development in Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 57-62.
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Papaioannou, Elias, 2014. "Further Evidence on the Link between Pre-Colonial Political Centralization and Comparative Economic Development in Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 10258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jutta Bolt & Jan Luiten Zanden, 2014. "The Maddison Project: collaborative research on historical national accounts," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(3), pages 627-651, August.
- McVety, Amanda Kay, 2012. "Enlightened Aid: U.S. Development as Foreign Policy in Ethiopia," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199796915.
- Mascagni, Giulia, 2016. "A Fiscal History of Ethiopia: Taxation and Aid Dependence 1960-2010," Working Papers 12777, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Ilia Rainer, 2007. "The modern impact of precolonial centralization in Africa," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 185-234, September.
- Collier, Paul & Dollar, David, 2002. "Aid allocation and poverty reduction," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1475-1500, September.
- Bermeo, Sarah Blodgett, 2011. "Foreign Aid and Regime Change: A Role for Donor Intent," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 2021-2031.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Andersson, Krister & Ostrom, The late Elinor & Shivakumar, Sujai, 2005. "The Samaritan's Dilemma: The Political Economy of Development Aid," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199278855.
- Broich, Tobias & Szirmai, Adam & Thomsson, Kaj, 2015. "Precolonial centralisation, foreign aid and modern state capacity in Africa," MERIT Working Papers 025, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; Foreign Aid; United States; Soviet Union; Cold War;
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- N47 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Africa; Oceania
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2017-04-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2017010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.