An Impossibility in Sequencing Problems
A set of agents with different waiting costs have to receive a service of different length of time from a single provider which can serve only one agent at a time. One needs to form a queue and set up monetary transfers to compensate the agents who have to wait. We prove that no rule satisfies efficiency of queues and coalitional strategy-proofness.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +31 (0)43 38 83 830
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Youngsub Chun, 2006. "No-envy in queueing problems," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 151-162, September.
- Mitra, Manipushpak & Mutuswami, Suresh, 2011.
"Group strategyproofness in queueing models,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 242-254, May.
- Manipushpak Mitra, 2000.
"Mechanism Design in Queueing Problems,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1301, Econometric Society.
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003.
"A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- Maniquet, F., 2000. "A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems," Papers 222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Jeroen Suijs, 1996. "On incentive compatibility and budget balancedness in public decision making," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-209, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamet:2008040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Bollen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.