Weak group strategy-proof and queue-efficient mechanisms for the queueing problem with multiple machines
We first provide the complete characterization of mechanisms that satisfy weak group strategy-proofness and queue-efficiency in the multiple machine queueing problem with two agents. For any such mechanism, there can be at most one point of discontinuity in the transfer map. We then state a necessary condition for mechanisms to satisfy queue-efficiency, weak group strategy-proofness and continuity, with more than two agents. Finally, we provide a class of mechanisms that satisfy queue-efficiency, weak group strategy-proofness and continuity. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
Volume (Year): 42 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manipushpak Mitra, 2000.
"Achieving the First Best in Sequencing Problems,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse11_2001, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Maniquet, F., 2000.
"A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems,"
222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003. "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- MANIQUET, François, . "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1662, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-31, July.
- Moulin, Hervé, 2008. "Proportional scheduling, split-proofness, and merge-proofness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 567-587, July.
- Barberà, Salvador & Berga, Dolors & Moreno, Bernardo, 2010.
"Individual versus group strategy-proofness: When do they coincide?,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(5), pages 1648-1674, September.
- Salvador Barberà & Dolors Berga & Bernardo Moreno, 2009. "Individual versus group strategy proofedness: when do they coincide?," Working Papers 372, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Salvador Barberà & Dolors Berga & Bernardo Moreno, 2009. "Individual versus group strategy-proofness: when do they coincide?," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 761.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Manipushpak Mitra, 2000.
"Mechanism Design in Queueing Problems,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1301, Econometric Society.
- Chun, Youngsub, 2006. "A pessimistic approach to the queueing problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 171-181, March.
- Kar, Anirban & Mitra, Manipushpak & Mutuswami, Suresh, 2009.
"On the coincidence of the prenucleolus and the Shapley value,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 16-25, January.
- Anirban Kar & Manipushpak Mitra & Suresh Mutuswami, 2005. "On the coincidence of the Prenucleolus and the Shapley Value," Economics Discussion Papers 599, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Mitra, Manipushpak & Mutuswami, Suresh, 2011.
"Group strategyproofness in queueing models,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 242-254, May.
- William Vickrey, 1961. "Counterspeculation, Auctions, And Competitive Sealed Tenders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 8-37, 03.
- Robert J. Dolan, 1978. "Incentive Mechanisms for Priority Queuing Problems," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 421-436, Autumn.
- Jeroen Suijs, 1996. "On incentive compatibility and budget balancedness in public decision making," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-209, December.
- Postlewaite, Andrew & Wettstein, David, 1989. "Feasible and Continuous Implementation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 603-11, October.
- Kentaro Hatsumi & Shigehiro Serizawa, 2009. "Coalitionally strategy-proof rules in allotment economies with homogeneous indivisible goods," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 423-447, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:42:y:2013:i:1:p:131-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.