Macroeconomics and Growth Policies
This United Nations Background Note on Macroeconomics and Growth provides practical guidance on how to operationalize alternative equitable and employment-generating macroeconomic and growth policies in National Development Strategies. This Policy Note has been developed in cooperation with UN agencies, and has been officially reviewed by distinguished academics/ development specialists such as Jose Antonio Ocampo, Jomo K.S. and Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://esa.un.org/techcoop/policyNotes.asp|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph & Ocampo, Jose Antonio & Spiegel, Shari & Ffrench-Davis, Ricardo & Nayyar, Deepak, 2006. "Stability with Growth: Macroeconomics, Liberalization and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199288144, December.
- Richard Bird & Pierre-Pascal Gendron, 2006.
"Is VAT the Best Way to Impose a General Consumption Tax in Developing Countries,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper0618, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Richard M. Bird, 2006. "Is VAT the Best Way to Impose a General Consumption Tax in Developing Countries?," International Tax Program Papers 0602, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Michael Keen & Thomas Baunsgaard, 2005.
"Tax Revenue and (or?) Trade Liberalization,"
IMF Working Papers
05/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005.
"On selective indirect tax reform in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 599-623, April.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "On Selective Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries," International Trade 0210003, EconWPA.
- repec:pal:imfstp:v:52:y:2005:i:2:p:193-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Easterly, William, 2005.
"National Policies and Economic Growth: A Reappraisal,"
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 1015-1059
- William Easterly, 2003. "National Policies and Economic Growth: A Reappraisal," Working Papers 27, Center for Global Development.
- Alex Cobham (QEH), . "Tax Evasion, Tax Avoidance and Development Finance," QEH Working Papers qehwps129, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:une:pnotes:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aimee Gao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.