Social security wealth and household asset holdings: new evidence from Belgium
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Kapteyn, A. & Klijn, F.E., 1997.
"Mandatory pensions and personal savings in The Netherlands,"
Other publications TiSEM
dcff6ab7-1712-4830-bafe-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Alessie, R.J.M. & Kapteyn, A. & Klijn, F.E., 1997. "Mandatory pensions and personal savings in The Netherlands," Discussion Paper 1997-39, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Daniel M. Garrett, 1996.
"The Determinants and Consequences of Financial Education in the Workplace: Evidence from a Survey of Households,"
NBER Working Papers
5667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Daniel M. Garrett, 1996. "The Determinants and Consequences of Financial Education in the Workplace: Evidence from a Survey of Households," Working Papers 96007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Hurd & Pierre‐Carl Michaud & Susann Rohwedder, 2012.
"The Displacement Effect of Public Pensions on the Accumulation of Financial Assets,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 33(1), pages 107-128, March.
- Michael Hurd & Pierre-Carl Michaud & Susann Rohwedder, 2009. "The Displacement Effect of Public Pensions on the Accumulation of Financial Assets," Working Papers wp212, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Alessie, Rob & Angelini, Viola & van Santen, Peter, 2013.
"Pension wealth and household savings in Europe: Evidence from SHARELIFE,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 308-328.
- Alessie, Rob & Angelini, Viola & van Santen, Peter, 2013. "Pension Wealth and Household Savings in Europe: Evidence from SHARELIFE," Working Paper Series 265, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Arnaud Dellis & Raphaël Desmet & Alain Jousten & Sergio Perelman, 2004. "Micro-Modeling of Retirement in Belgium," NBER Chapters,in: Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: Micro-Estimation, pages 41-98 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marta Lachowska & Michal Myck, 2015.
"The Effect of Public Pension Wealth on Saving and Expenditure,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
15-223, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Lachowska, Marta & Myck, Michal, 2015. "The Effect of Public Pension Wealth on Saving and Expenditure," IZA Discussion Papers 8895, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Blanchet & Yves Dubois & Anthony Marino & Muriel Roger, 2016. "Patrimoine privé et retraite en France," Revue française d'économie, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 207-244.
- Dimitrios Christelis, 2011. "Imputation of Missing Data in Waves 1 and 2 of SHARE," CSEF Working Papers 278, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Alain Jousten & Mathieu Lefebvre, 2013.
"Retirement Incentives in Belgium: Estimations and Simulations Using SHARE Data,"
Springer, vol. 161(3), pages 253-276, September.
- alain Jousten & Mathieu Lefebvre, 2013. "Retirement incentives in Belgium: estimations and simulations using SHARE data," CREPP Working Papers 1303, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Jousten, Alain & Lefèbvre, Mathieu, 2013. "Retirement Incentives in Belgium: Estimations and Simulations Using SHARE Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7387, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hubbard, R Glenn, 1986. "Pension Wealth and Individual Saving: Some New Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 167-178, May.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1974. "Social Security, Induced Retirement, and Aggregate Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 905-926, Sept./Oct.
- Dicks-Mireaux, Louis & King, Mervyn, 1984. "Pension wealth and household savings: Tests of robustness," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 115-139.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Agar Brugiavini, 2003. "Social Security and Households' Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 1075-1119.
- Thomas Blanchet & Yves Dubois & Anthony Marino & Muriel Roger, 2016. "Patrimoine privé et retraite en France," Working Papers halshs-01292412, HAL.
- Sangho Kim & Rainer Klump, 2010. "The effects of public pensions on private wealth: evidence on the German savings puzzle," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(15), pages 1917-1926.
- William G. Gale, 1998. "The Effects of Pensions on Household Wealth: A Reevaluation of Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 706-723, August.
- Jappelli, Tullio, 1995. "Does social security reduce the accumulation of private wealth? Evidence from Italian survey data," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Susann Rohwedder, 2003. "Pension Wealth and Household Saving: Evidence from Pension Reforms in the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1499-1521, December.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1979. "Social Security and Equilibrium Capital Intensity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(2), pages 233-253.
- Ferdinand M. Vieider & Mathieu Lefebvre & Ranoua Bouchouicha & Thorsten Chmura & Rustamdjan Hakimov & Michal Krawczyk & Peter Martinsson, 2015.
"Common Components Of Risk And Uncertainty Attitudes Across Contexts And Domains: Evidence From 30 Countries,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 421-452, June.
- Vieider, Ferdinand M. & Lefebvre, Mathieu & Bouchouicha, Ranoua & Chmura, Thorsten & Hakimov, Rustamdjan & Krawczyk, Michal & Martinsson, Peter, 2013. "Common components of risk and uncertainty attitudes across contexts and domains: Evidence from 30 countries," Discussion Papers, WZB Junior Research Group Risk and Development SP II 2013-402, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Anil Kumar, 2011. "Pensions and Household Wealth Accumulation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(1), pages 203-236.
- Feldstein, Martin & Pellechio, Anthony, 1979. "Social Security and Household Wealth Accumulation: New Microeconometric Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 361-368, August.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial security; saving; microsimulation; crowding-out effect.;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2016-09-04 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2016-09-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2016-09-04 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DEM-2016-09-04 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2016-09-04 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-MAC-2016-09-04 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:2016-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bestrfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.