Production Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: An Assessment of the Post Green Evolution Years
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ray, Subhash C. & Ghose, Arpita, 2014. "Production efficiency in Indian agriculture: An assessment of the post green revolution years," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 58-69.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Bhattacharyya, Arunava, 1992. "Price Distortions and Resource-Use Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: A Restricted Profit Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 231-239, May.
- Dietrich Vollrath, 2007. "Land Distribution and International Agricultural Productivity," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(1), pages 202-216.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997.
"Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: An analysis based on farm size and ecological zone,"
Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 185-192, August.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997. "Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: an analysis based on farm size and ecological zone," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(3), August.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Lakshmi Iyer, 2005.
"History, Institutions, and Economic Performance: The Legacy of Colonial Land Tenure Systems in India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1190-1213, September.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Lakshmi Iyer, 2010. "History Institutions and Economic Performance: The Legacy of Colonial Land Tenure Systems in India," Working Papers id:2811, eSocialSciences.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000.
"Land Reform, Poverty Reduction, and Growth: Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 389-430.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 1998. "Land reform, poverty reduction and growth : evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2018, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 1998. "Land Reform, Poverty Reduction and Growth: Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 13, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Asmild, Mette & Pastor, Jesús T., 2010. "Slack free MEA and RDM with comprehensive efficiency measures," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 475-483, December.
- Ray, Subhash C. & Jeon, Yongil, 2008.
"Reputation and efficiency: A non-parametric assessment of America's top-rated MBA programs,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 245-268, August.
- Subhash C. Ray & Yongil Jeon, 2003. "Reputation and Efficiency: A Nonparametric Assessment of America's Top-Rated MBA Programs," Working papers 2003-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Jeon, Yoong-Deok & Kim, Young-Yong, 2000. "Land Reform, Income Redistribution, and Agricultural Production in Korea," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 253-268, January.
- Silva Portela, Maria Conceicao A. & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2005. "Profitability of a sample of Portuguese bank branches and its decomposition into technical and allocative components," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(3), pages 850-866, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- K. Kalirajan, 1981. "An Econometric Analysis of Yield Variability in Paddy Production," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 29(3), pages 283-294, November.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Edelstein, Barak & Paradi, Joseph C., 2013. "Ensuring units invariant slack selection in radial data envelopment analysis models, and incorporating slacks into an overall efficiency score," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 31-40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhushan, S., 2016. "TFP Growth of Wheat and Paddy in Post-Green Revolution Era in India: Parametric and Non-Parametric Analysis," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 29(1).
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:373-383 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Sanjeet, 2016. "Evaluation of world’s largest social welfare scheme: An assessment using non-parametric approach," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 16-29.
- Ghulam, Yaseen & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2015. "Efficiency and productivity of the cement industry: Pakistani experience of deregulation and privatisation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 101-115.
- Juo, Jia-Ching & Fu, Tsu-Tan & Yu, Ming-Miin & Lin, Yu-Hui, 2016. "Non-radial profit performance: An application to Taiwanese banks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 111-121.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis; Pareto-Koopmans Efficiency; Modern and traditional inputs.;
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-11-06 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2010-11-06 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2010-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .