Taxes, Efficiency, and Redistribution: Discriminatory Taxation of Villages in Ottoman Palestine, Southern Syria and Transjordan in the Sixteenth Century
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cosgel, Metin M., 2006. "Taxes, efficiency, and redistribution: Discriminatory taxation of villages in Ottoman Palestine, Southern Syria, and Transjordan in the sixteenth century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 332-356, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holcombe, Randall G., 1998. "Tax Policy From a Public Choice Perspective," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(2), pages 359-371, June.
- Slemrod, Joel, 1990. "Optimal Taxation and Optimal Tax Systems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 157-178, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Soumyananda Dinda & Arijit Mukherjee, 2011.
"International Outsourcing, Tax, and Patent Protection,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 13(1), pages 139-154, February.
- Soumyananda Dinda & Arijit Mukherjee, 2008. "International Outsourcing, Tax and Patent Protection," Discussion Papers 08/46, University of Nottingham, GEP.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:pri:cepsud:80rosen is not listed on IDEAS
- Ringa Raudla, 2010. "Governing budgetary commons: what can we learn from Elinor Ostrom?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 201-221, December.
- Richard E. Wagner, 2012. "Deficits, Debt, and Democracy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14477.
- Harvey S. Rosen, 2002. "Public Finance: Essay for the Encyclopedia of Public Choice," Working Papers 122, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Krumm, Raimund & Volkert, Jürgen, 2015. "Möglichkeiten und Grenzen der politischen Realisierbarkeit intra- und intergenerativer Gerechtigkeit," UFZ Discussion Papers 11/2015, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Raffaella Santolini, 2009. "The political trend in local government tax setting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 125-134, April.
- Athanasios Kampas & Richard Horan, 2016. "Second-best pollution taxes: revisited and revised," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(4), pages 577-597, October.
- Alvaro Pereira & João Jalles & Martin Andresen, 2012. "Structural change and foreign direct investment: globalization and regional economic integration," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 11(1), pages 35-82, April.
- Kaplanoglou, Georgia & Newbery, David Michael, 2003.
"Indirect Taxation in Greece: Evaluation and Possible Reform,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(5), pages 511-533, September.
- Georgia Kaplanoglou & David Michael Newbery, 2002. "Indirect Taxation in Greece: Evaluation and Possible Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 661, CESifo.
- Donald Bruce & William Fox & Matthew Murray, 2003. "To Tax Or Not To Tax? The Case Of Electronic Commerce," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 25-40, January.
- Louis Kaplow, 2011. "An Optimal Tax System," NBER Working Papers 17214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Kanbur & Tuuli Paukkeri & Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala, 2018.
"Optimal taxation and public provision for poverty reduction,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 25(1), pages 64-98, February.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti & Ylinen, Tuuli, 2015. "Optimal Taxation And Public Provision For Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 250018, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kanbur Ravi & Paukkeri Tuuli & Pirttila Jukka & Tuomala Matti, 2016. "Optimal Taxation and Public Provision for Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 1611, Tampere University, School of Management and Business, Economics.
- Ravi Kanbur & Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala & Tuuli Ylinen, 2015. "Optimal taxation and public provision for poverty reduction," WIDER Working Paper Series 054, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pirttilä, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti & Ylinen, Tuuli, 2015. "Optimal Taxation and Public Provision for Poverty Reduction," CEPR Discussion Papers 10754, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ray, Ranjan, 1993.
"Optimal Demogrants and Taxes in a Federal Welfare State,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 199-214.
- R. Ray, 1992. "Optimal Demogrants and Taxes in a Federal Welfare State," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 92-08, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti & Nouriel Roubini, 1995.
"Growth Effects of Income and Consumption Taxes: Positive and Normative Analysis,"
95-18, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferrett & Nouriel Roubini, 1995. "Growth Effects of Income and Consumption Taxes: Positive and Normative Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5317, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Nouriel Roubini, 1995. "Growth Effects of Income and Consumption Taxes; Positive and Normative Analysis," IMF Working Papers 1995/062, International Monetary Fund.
- Kalina Koleva, 2005. "Seeking for an optimal tax administration: the efficiency costs’ approach [A la recherche de l'administration fiscale optimale : l'approche par les coûts d'efficience]," Post-Print halshs-00195354, HAL.
- Alm, James, 1996. "What Is an "Optimal'"Tax System?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 49(1), pages 117-133, March.
- Nora Paulus & Patrice Pierreti & Benteng Zou, 2019. "Is a dynamic approach of tax games relevant?," DEM Discussion Paper Series 19-09, Department of Economics at the University of Luxembourg.
- Zee, Howell H. & Stotsky, Janet G. & Ley, Eduardo, 2002. "Tax Incentives for Business Investment: A Primer for Policy Makers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1497-1516, September.
- Zhiyong An, 2015. "A Note on Voting over Taxes with Tax Avoidance," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 71(3), pages 407-414, September.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad & Mick Moore, 2007. "Taxation and State Building: Poor Countries in a Globalised World," CMI Working Papers 11, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Gregory Acs & Eric Toder, 2007. "Should we subsidize work? Welfare reform, the earned income tax credit and optimal transfers," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 14(3), pages 327-343, June.
More about this item
Keywordstaxes; efficiency; redistribution; discriminatory rates; Ottoman Empire; Palestine; Syria; Transjordan;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2002-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mark McConnel (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.