Bank transactions: pathway to the single tax ideal A modern tax technology;the Brazilian experience with a bank transactions tax (1993-2007)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tamás K. Papp & Elöd Takáts, 2008. "Tax Rate Cuts and Tax Compliance—The Laffer Curve Revisited," IMF Working Papers 08/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard Bird & Pierre-Pascal Gendron, 2000. "CVAT, VIVAT, and Dual VAT: Vertical ``Sharing'' and Interstate Trade," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(6), pages 753-761, December.
- Guesnerie,Roger, 1998. "A Contribution to the Pure Theory of Taxation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521629560, March.
- Morten O. Ravn & Stephanie Schmitt-Grohé & Martín Uribe, 2007.
"Pricing to Habits and the Law of One Price,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 232-238, May.
- Morten O. Ravn & Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2006. "Pricing to Habits and the Law of One Price," Economics Working Papers ECO2006/40, European University Institute.
- Ravn, Morten O & Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2007. "Pricing to Habits and the Law of One Price," CEPR Discussion Papers 6030, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Bachman & Jonathan Haughton & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Alfonso Sanchez-Penalver & David G. Tuerck, 2006. "Taxing Sales Under the FairTax: What Rate Works?," NBER Working Papers 12732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Isaias Coelho & Victoria J Perry & Liam P. Ebrill, 2001. "Bank Debit Taxes in Latin America; An Analysis of Recent Trends," IMF Working Papers 01/67, International Monetary Fund.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2004. "How Big IS the Irregular Economy?," Macroeconomics 0404005, EconWPA.
- Hahn, Frank H., 1973. "On optimum taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 96-106, February.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1976. "Optimal taxation : An introduction to the literature," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 37-54.
- Sérgio Mikio Koyama & Márcio I. Nakane, 2001. "Os Efeitos da CPMF sobre a Intermediação Financeira," Working Papers Series 23, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Richard E. Wagner, 2002. "Some Institutional Problematics of Excess Burden Analytics," Public Finance Review, , vol. 30(6), pages 531-545, November.
- Slemrod, Joel, 1990. "Optimal Taxation and Optimal Tax Systems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 157-178, Winter.
- Trandel, Greg & Snow, Arthur, 1999. "Progressive income taxation and the underground economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 217-222, February.
- repec:mes:challe:v:22:y:1979:i:5:p:5-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nogueira, José Ricardo & Siqueira, Rozane Bezerra de & de Souza, Evaldo Santana, 2001. "A Incidência Final dos Impostos Indiretos no Brasil: Efeitos da Tributação de Insumos," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 55(4), October.
- Ricardo Fenochietto & Carola Pessino, 2000. "The Shared Value Added Tax. How it works and why it is the Best Tool for Optimal Fiscal Federalism in Countries with Consumption Based Taxes," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 176, Universidad del CEMA.
- Kay, John A, 1990. "Tax Policy: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 18-75, March.
More about this item
Keywordsbank debit tax; tax reform; taxation; bank transactions tax;
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-08-16 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2009-08-16 (Public Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Bank transaction tax in Wikipedia English ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .