Taxing Sales Under the FairTax: What Rate Works?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ravn, Morten O & Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2007. "Pricing to Habits and the Law of One Price," CEPR Discussion Papers 6030, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Morten O. Ravn & Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2006. "Pricing to Habits and the Law of One Price," Economics Working Papers ECO2006/40, European University Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jokisch, Sabine & Kotlikoff, Laurence J., 2007.
"Simulating the Dynamic Macroeconomic and Microeconomic Effects of the FairTax,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 60(2), pages 225-252, June.
- Sabine Jokisch & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2005. "Simulating the Dynamic Macroeconomic and Microeconomic Effects of the FairTax," NBER Working Papers 11858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William G. Gale & Evan F. Koenig & Diane Lim Rogers & John Sabelhaus, 1998. "Taxing Government in a National Retail Sales Tax: Technical Paper 1999-5," Working Papers 13343, Congressional Budget Office.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1999.
"Measuring The Energy Savings From Home Improvement Investments: Evidence From Monthly Billing Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 516-528.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1997. "Measuring the Energy Savings from Home Improvement Investments: Evidence from Monthly Billing Data," NBER Working Papers 6074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 1997. "Measuring the Incidence of a National Retail Sales Tax: Annual Versus Lifetime Incidence Measures," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9702, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Dunbar, Amy & Pogue, Thomas F., 1998. "Estimating Flat Tax Incidence and Yield: A Sensitivity Analysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(2), pages 303-324, June.
- David Altig, 2001. "Simulating Fundamental Tax Reform in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 574-595, June.
- Dunbar, Amy & Pogue, Thomas F., 1998. "Estimating Flat Tax Incidence and Yield: A Sensitivity Analysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 2), pages 303-24, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cintra, Marcos, 2009. "Bank transactions: pathway to the single tax ideal A modern tax technology;the Brazilian experience with a bank transactions tax (1993-2007)," MPRA Paper 16710, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keshab Bhattarai & Jonathan Haughton & David G. Tuerck, 2016. "The economic effects of the fair tax: analysis of results of a dynamic CGE model of the US economy," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 451-466, July.
- Simon Gilchrist & Fabio M. Natalucci & Egon Zakrajsek, 2007.
"Investment and the Cost of Capital: New Evidence from the Corporate Bond Market,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2007-027, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Simon Gilchrist & Egon Zakrajsek, 2007. "Investment and the Cost of Capital: New Evidence from the Corporate Bond Market," NBER Working Papers 13174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.