Taxing Sales Under the FairTax: What Rate Works?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dunbar, Amy & Pogue, Thomas F., 1998. "Estimating Flat Tax Incidence and Yield: A Sensitivity Analysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(2), pages 303-324, June.
- David Altig, 2001. "Simulating Fundamental Tax Reform in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 574-595, June.
- William G. Gale & Evan F. Koenig & Diane Lim Rogers & John Sabelhaus, 1998. "Taxing Government in a National Retail Sales Tax: Technical Paper 1999-5," Working Papers 13343, Congressional Budget Office.
- Jokisch, Sabine & Kotlikoff, Laurence J., 2007.
"Simulating the Dynamic Macroeconomic and Microeconomic Effects of the FairTax,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 60(2), pages 225-252, June.
- Sabine Jokisch & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2005. "Simulating the Dynamic Macroeconomic and Microeconomic Effects of the FairTax," NBER Working Papers 11858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 1997. "Measuring the Incidence of a National Retail Sales Tax: Annual Versus Lifetime Incidence Measures," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9702, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Dunbar, Amy & Pogue, Thomas F., 1998. "Estimating Flat Tax Incidence and Yield: A Sensitivity Analysis," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 2), pages 303-24, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simon Gilchrist & Fabio M. Natalucci & Egon Zakrajsek, 2007.
"Investment and the Cost of Capital: New Evidence from the Corporate Bond Market,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2007-027, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Simon Gilchrist & Egon Zakrajsek, 2007. "Investment and the Cost of Capital: New Evidence from the Corporate Bond Market," NBER Working Papers 13174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cintra, Marcos, 2009. "Bank transactions: pathway to the single tax ideal A modern tax technology;the Brazilian experience with a bank transactions tax (1993-2007)," MPRA Paper 16710, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keshab Bhattarai & Jonathan Haughton & David G. Tuerck, 2016. "The economic effects of the fair tax: analysis of results of a dynamic CGE model of the US economy," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 451-466, July.
More about this item
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2006-12-22 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2006-12-22 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2006-12-22 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .