Building on easy money:The political economy of housing bubbles in Ireland and Spain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michelle Norris & Menelaos Gkartzios, 2011. "Twenty years of property-led urban regeneration in Ireland : outputs, impacts, implications," Open Access publications 10197/5166, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Callan, Tim & Walsh, John R. & Coleman, Kieran, 2005. "Tax Expenditures," Papers BP2006/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Sebastian Dellepiane Avellaneda & Niamh Hardiman, 2010. "The European Context of Ireland’s Economic Crisis," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 41(4), pages 473-500.
- Michelle Norris & Menelaos Gkartzios, 2011. "Twenty years of property-led urban regeneration in Ireland: outputs, impacts, implications," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 257-264, July.
- repec:esr:chaptr:jacb200505 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morgan Kelly, 2009. "The Irish Credit Bubble," Working Papers 200950, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Christophe André, 2010. "A Bird's Eye View of OECD Housing Markets," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 746, OECD Publishing.
- Thomas Conefrey & John Fitz Gerald, 2010.
"Managing Housing Bubbles In Regional Economies Under Emu: Ireland And Spain,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 211(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Conefrey, Thomas & FitzGerald, John, 2009. "Managing Housing Bubbles in Regional Economies under EMU: Ireland and Spain," Papers WP315, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Conefrey, Thomas & FitzGerald, John, 2010. "Managing Housing Bubbles in Regional Economies Under EMU: Ireland and Spain," Papers RB2010/2/1, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Pedro Lains, 2008. "The Portuguese Economy in the Irish Mirror, 1960–2004," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 667-683, November.
- Blánaid Clarke & Niamh Hardiman, 2012. "Crisis in the Irish Banking System," Working Papers 201203, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Kearney, Ide, 2012. "Measuring Fiscal Stance," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2012(3-Autumn).
- Hall, Peter A. & Gingerich, Daniel W., 2009. "Varieties of Capitalism and Institutional Complementarities in the Political Economy: An Empirical Analysis," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(03), pages 449-482, July.
- José Gabriel Palma, 2009. "The revenge of the market on the rentiers," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 829-869, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcell Zoltán Végh, 2014. "Has Austerity Succeeded in Ameliorating the Economic Climate? The Cases of Ireland, Cyprus and Greece," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-20, June.
- Duffy, David & Foley, Daniel & McQuinn, Kieran, 2016. "Cross Country Residential Investment Rates and the Implications for the Irish Housing Market," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Emilios Avgouleas, 2015. "Bank Leverage Ratios and Financial Stability: A Micro- and Macroprudential Perspective," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_849, Levy Economics Institute.
- Niamh Hardiman, 2013. "Rethinking the political economy of fiscal consolidation in two recessions in Ireland," Working Papers 201316, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Dorothee Bohle, 2017. "Mortgaging Europe’s periphery," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 124, European Institute, LSE.
- Bulbarelli, Miriam, 2016. "The housing finance system in Italy and Spain: Why did a housing bubble develop in Spain - and not in Italy?," PIPE - Papers on International Political Economy 26/2016, Free University Berlin, Center for International Political Economy.
More about this item
Keywordshousing bubbles; financial liberalization; credit; Ireland; Spain;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucd:wpaper:201318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geary Tech). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geucdie.html .