Improving Classifier Performance Assessment of Credit Scoring Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hand D.J. & Vinciotti V., 2003. "Local Versus Global Models for Classification Problems: Fitting Models Where it Matters," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 57, pages 124-131, May.
- Dirk Tasche, 2006. "Validation of internal rating systems and PD estimates," Papers physics/0606071, arXiv.org.
- Raffaella Calabrese & Silvia Angela Osmetti, 2011. "Generalized Extreme Value Regression for Binary Rare Events Data: an Application to Credit Defaults," Working Papers 201120, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2008. "Credit Risk Management," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 12(4), pages 84-137.
- Stein, Roger M., 2005. "The relationship between default prediction and lending profits: Integrating ROC analysis and loan pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1213-1236, May.
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- Dirk Tasche, 2002. "Remarks on the monotonicity of default probabilities," Papers cond-mat/0207555, arXiv.org.
- Crook, Jonathan N. & Edelman, David B. & Thomas, Lyn C., 2007. "Recent developments in consumer credit risk assessment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1447-1465, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Raffaella Calabrese, 2011. "Cost-sensitive classification for rare events: an application to the credit rating model validation for SMEs," Working Papers 201134, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Alina Mihaela Dima & Simona Vasilache, 2016. "Credit Risk modeling for Companies Default Prediction using Neural Networks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 127-143, September.
- Agarwal, Vineet & Taffler, Richard, 2008. "Comparing the performance of market-based and accounting-based bankruptcy prediction models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1541-1551, August.
- Charitou, Andreas & Dionysiou, Dionysia & Lambertides, Neophytos & Trigeorgis, Lenos, 2013. "Alternative bankruptcy prediction models using option-pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2329-2341.
- Vo, D.H. & Pham, B.V.-N. & Pham, T.V.-T. & McAleer, M.J., 2019.
"Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in an Emerging Market,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI2019-15, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Duc Hong Vo & Binh Vo-Ninh Pham & Trung Vu-Thanh Pham & Michael McAleer, 2019. "Corporate Financial Distress of Industry Level Listings in an Emerging Market," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2019-09, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Ana Paula Matias Gama & Helena Susana Amaral Geraldes, 2012. "Credit risk assessment and the impact of the New Basel Capital Accord on small and medium-sized enterprises: An empirical analysis," Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(8), pages 727-749, July.
- Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2018. "Prediction of company failure: Past, present and promising directions for the future," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 196-208.
- Pham Vo Ninh, Binh & Do Thanh, Trung & Vo Hong, Duc, 2018. "Financial distress and bankruptcy prediction: An appropriate model for listed firms in Vietnam," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 616-624.
- Marco Botta & Luca Colombo, 2016. "Macroeconomic and Institutional Determinants of Capital Structure Decisions," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def038, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Suzan Hol, 2006. "The influence of the business cycle on bankruptcy probability," Discussion Papers 466, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Jonathan K. Budd & Peter G. Taylor, 2015. "Calculating optimal limits for transacting credit card customers," Papers 1506.05376, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2015.
- Lin, Hsiou-Wei William & Lo, Huai-Chun & Wu, Ruei-Shian, 2016. "Modeling default prediction with earnings management," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 306-322.
- Fougère, D. & Golfier, C. & Horny, G. & Kremp, E., 2013. "What has been the impact of the 2008 crisis on firms’ default? (in French)," Working papers 463, Banque de France.
- Maurice Peat, 2007. "Factors Affecting the Probability of Bankruptcy: A Managerial Decision Based Approach," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 303-324, September.
- Sangcheol Song, 2014. "Subsidiary Divestment: The Role of Multinational Flexibility," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 47-70, February.
- Barbara CAVALLETTI & Corrado LAGAZIO & Daniela VANDONE, 2008. "Il credito al consumo in Italia: benessere economico o fragilita’ finanziaria?," Departmental Working Papers 2008-24, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Adriana Csikosova & Maria Janoskova & Katarina Culkova, 2020. "Application of Discriminant Analysis for Avoiding the Risk of Quarry Operation Failure," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-14, September.
- Quader, Syed Manzur, 2017. "Differential effect of liquidity constraints on firm growth," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 20-29.
- Dean Fantazzini & Silvia Figini, 2009. "Random Survival Forests Models for SME Credit Risk Measurement," Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Mitroussi, K. & Abouarghoub, W. & Haider, J.J. & Pettit, S.J. & Tigka, N., 2016. "Performance drivers of shipping loans: An empirical investigation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P3), pages 438-452.
More about this item
KeywordsPerformance Assessment; Credit Scoring Modules; Monte Carlo simulations; Italian Enterprisers;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2012-03-14 (Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2012-03-14 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2012-03-14 (Forecasting)
- NEP-RMG-2012-03-14 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucd:wpaper:201204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/geucdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Geary Tech (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/geucdie.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.