Modelling Credit Risk for SMEs: Evidence from the U.S. Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edward I. Altman & Gabriele Sabato, 2013. "MODELING CREDIT RISK FOR SMEs: EVIDENCE FROM THE US MARKET," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Oliviero Roggi & Edward I Altman (ed.), Managing and Measuring Risk Emerging Global Standards and Regulations After the Financial Crisis, chapter 9, pages 251-279, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
References listed on IDEAS
- Engelmann, Bernd & Hayden, Evelyn & Tasche, Dirk, 2003. "Measuring the Discriminative Power of Rating Systems," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2003,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A, 1977. "Pitfalls in the Application of Discriminant Analysis in Business, Finance, and Economics," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 875-900, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dean Fantazzini & Silvia Figini, 2009. "Random Survival Forests Models for SME Credit Risk Measurement," Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 29-45, March.
- En-Der Su & Shih-Ming Huang, 2010. "Comparing Firm Failure Predictions Between Logit, KMV, and ZPP Models: Evidence from Taiwan’s Electronics Industry," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 17(3), pages 209-239, September.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Bhabra, Gurmeet Singh & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2009. "DEA as a tool for bankruptcy assessment: A comparative study with logistic regression technique," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 412-424, March.
- Dirk Tasche, 2009. "Estimating discriminatory power and PD curves when the number of defaults is small," Papers 0905.3928, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2010.
- Kristóf, Tamás, 2008. "A csődelőrejelzés és a nem fizetési valószínűség számításának módszertani kérdéseiről [Some methodological questions of bankruptcy prediction and probability of default estimation]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 441-461.
- Montgomery, D. & Swinnen, G. & Vanhoof, K., 1997. "Comparison of some AI and statistical classification methods for a marketing case," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 312-325, December.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Lin, Hsiou-Wei William & Lo, Huai-Chun & Wu, Ruei-Shian, 2016. "Modeling default prediction with earnings management," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 306-322.
- Han-Hsing Lee & Kuanyu Shih & Kehluh Wang, 2016. "Measuring sovereign credit risk using a structural model approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1097-1128, November.
- Veres Ferrer, Ernesto Jesús & Labatut Serer, Gregorio & Pozuelo Campillo, Jose, 2009. "Hacia una ordenación de las pequeñas empresas atendiendo a su posible situación de fracaso/Towards a Ranking of Smaller Companies According to Their Failure Risk," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 27, pages 775(18á)-77, Diciembre.
- Li-Chiu Chi & Tseng-Chung Tang, 2006. "Bankruptcy Prediction: Application of Logit Analysis in Export Credit Risks," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 31(1), pages 17-27, June.
- Patrick Boisselier & Dominique Dufour, 2003. "Scoring Et Anticipation De Defaillance Des Entreprises : Une Approche Par La Regression Logistique," Post-Print halshs-00582740, HAL.
- Adriana Csikosova & Maria Janoskova & Katarina Culkova, 2020. "Application of Discriminant Analysis for Avoiding the Risk of Quarry Operation Failure," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(10), pages 1-14, September.
- Dorene Isenberg, 1989. "Financial Instability: A Recession Simulation on the U.S. Corporate Structure," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_24, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marek Vochozka, 2010. "Vývoj metod komplexního hodnocení výkonnosti podniku [Development of Methods for Comprehensive Evaluation of Business Performance]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2010(5), pages 675-688.
- Youssef Zizi & Mohamed Oudgou & Abdeslam El Moudden, 2020. "Determinants and Predictors of SMEs’ Financial Failure: A Logistic Regression Approach," Risks, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-21, October.
- Kurt M. Fanning & Kenneth O. Cogger, 1994. "A Comparative Analysis of Artificial Neural Networks Using Financial Distress Prediction," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 241-252, December.
- Balasingham Balachandran & Michael Skully & Kevin Tant & John Watson, 2006. "Australian evidence on student expectations and perceptions of introductory business finance," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(5), pages 697-713, December.
- Robert W. Parry JR, 1983. "Moody's Analytical Overview of 25 Leading U.S. Citiesâ€”Revisited," Public Finance Review, , vol. 11(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Manjusha Senapathi & Saptarshi Ghosal, 2016. "Modelling Corporate Sector Distress in India," Working Papers id:11540, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:abacus:v:43:y:2007:i:3:p:332-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.