Welfare properties of restrictions to health care services based on cost effectiveness
In this note we explore the welfare properties of the cost effectiveness criterion as an instrument to improve the appropriateness of health care. We show that such instrument is optimal only under specific assumptions relating to the shape of the welfare function and the utility of health care.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.unibs.it/atp/page.1019.0.0.0.atp?node=224
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breyer, Friedrich & Haufler, Andreas, 1999.
"Health care reform: Separating insurance from income redistribution,"
Discussion Papers, Series I
296, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Friedrich Breyer & Andreas Haufler, 2000. "Health Care Reform: Separating Insurance from Income Redistribution," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 445-461, August.
- Friedrich Breyer & Andreas Haufler, 2000. "Health Care Reform: Separating Insurance from Income Redistribution," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 205, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Haufler, Andreas, 2000. "Health Care Reform: Separating Insurance from Income Redistribution," Munich Reprints in Economics 20114, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Izabela Jelovac, 2015. "On the relationship between the negotiated prices of pharmaceuticals and the patients' co-payment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 481-493.
- Stéphane Jacobzone, 2000. "Pharmaceutical Policies in OECD Countries: Reconciling Social and Industrial Goals," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 40, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubs:wpaper:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Galizzi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.