Fiscal Policies and Trade: On the existence of Nash equilibria
This paper studies the existence of a fiscal Nash equilibrium in a multi-country model of trade where the relative prices are the channels of transmission of scal policies between countries. We stipulate the necessary conditions on goods, consumptions and trade that allow for the existence of a Nash equilibrium in the fiscal game. In the particular case of homotethic utility functions, we show that conditions on the shape and the degree of the curvature of the relative prices functions are sufficient to guarantee the existence of the Nash equilibrium.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CREM (UMR CNRS 6211) – Faculty of Economics, 7 place Hoche, 35065 RENNES Cedex|
Phone: 02 23 23 35 47
Fax: (33) 2 23 23 35 99
Web page: http://crem.univ-rennes1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: CREM (UMR CNRS 6211) - Faculty of Economics, 7 place Hoche, 35065 Rennes Cedex - France|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel, 1998. "Existence of Nash equilibria in fiscal competition models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 283-296, May.
- Bucovetsky, S., 1991. "Asymmetric tax competition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 167-181, September.
- Francis Bloch & Unal Zenginobuz, 2007.
"The effect of spillovers on the provision of local public goods,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 11(3), pages 199-216, November.
- Bloch, Francis & Zenginobuz, Unal, 2004. "The Effect of Spillovers on the Provision of Local Public Goods," MPRA Paper 186, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Oct 2006.
- Sorensen, Jan Rose, 1996. " Coordination of Fiscal Policy among a Subset of Countries," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(1), pages 111-118, March.
- Russell Cooper & Andrew John, 1988. "Coordinating Coordination Failures in Keynesian Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 441-463.
- Taugourdeau, Emmanuelle & Ziad, Abderrahmane, 2011. "On the existence of Nash equilibria in an asymmetric tax competition game," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 439-445, September.
- Emmanuelle Taugourdeau & Abderrahmane Ziad, 2011. "On the existence of Nash equilibria in an asymmetric tax competition game," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00618727, HAL.
- Wildasin, David E., 1988. "Nash equilibria in models of fiscal competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 229-240, March.
- WILDASIN, David, "undated". "Nash equilibria in models of fiscal competition," CORE Discussion Papers RP 804, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wildasin, D.E., 1987. "Nash equilibria in models of fiscal competition," CORE Discussion Papers 1987020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bayindir-Upmann, Thorsten & Ziad, Abderrahmanne, 2005. "Existence of equilibria in a basic tax-competition model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Abderrahmane Ziad & T. Bayindir-Upmann, 2005. "Existence of Equilibria in a Basic Tax-competition Model," Post-Print halshs-00068854, HAL.
- Wilson, John D., 1985. "Optimal property taxation in the presence of interregional capital mobility," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 73-89, July.
- Wilson, John D., 1986. "A theory of interregional tax competition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 296-315, May.
- Wong, Siu-kee, 2004. "Existence of trading Nash equilibrium in tariff retaliation models," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 367-387, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tut:cremwp:201112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CODA-POIREY Hélène)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.