Une Analyse de la Loi Electorale du 29 Juin 1820
In this article we use the theory of power indices to evaluate the respective influence of the two classes of electors in the polling method introduced by the electoral law of 29 June 1820, known as the law of “double vote”. We show in a simplified framework that the voting power of the “major” electors, who vote twice, is at least three to five times as much as the voting power of the “minor” voters, who vote only once. Classification JEL : D71 ; D72
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue Économique, vol.�65, n°3, 2014, p.�469-518.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: (+33) 5 61 12 86 23|
Web page: http://www.tse-fr.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lindner, Ines & Owen, Guillermo, 2007. "Cases where the Penrose limit theorem does not hold," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 232-238, May.
- Chang, Pao-Li & Chua, Vincent C.H. & Machover, Moshe, 2006.
"L S Penrose's limit theorem: Tests by simulation,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 90-106, January.
- Moshé Machover & Dan S. Felsenthal, 2001. "The Treaty of Nice and qualified majority voting," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 431-464.
- Serguei Kaniovski, 2008. "The exact bias of the Banzhaf measure of power when votes are neither equiprobable nor independent," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 281-300, August.
- Lindner, Ines & Machover, Moshe, 2004. "L.S. Penrose's limit theorem: proof of some special cases," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 37-49, January.
- Edelman, Paul H., 2004. "Voting power and at-large representation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 219-232, March.
- Dan S Felsenthal & Moshé Machover, 2004. "Analysis of QM rules in the draft constitution for Europe proposed by the European Convention, 2003," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-20, 08.
- Dan S. Felsenthal & Moshé Machover, 1998. "The Measurement of Voting Power," Books, Edward Elgar, number 1489, April.
- Guillermo Owen, 1972. "Multilinear Extensions of Games," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(5-Part-2), pages 64-79, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:25862. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.