Morishima's nonlinear model of the cycle: simplifications and generalizations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Duesenberry, 1950. "Hicks on the Trade Cycle," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 464-476.
- Morishima, Michio, 1969. "Theory of Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281641.
- Hicks, John R, 1974. "Real and Monetary Factors in Economic Fluctuations," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 21(3), pages 205-214, November.
- H. Rose, 1967. "On the Non-Linear Theory of the Employment Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 153-173.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2008. "JAPANESE CONTRIBUTIONS TO NONLINEAR CYCLE THEORY IN THE 1950s," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 54-74, March.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2004. "Hicksian Visions and Vignettes on (Non-Linear) Trade Cycle Theories," Department of Economics Working Papers 0407, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- V. Ragupathy & Stefano Zambelli & K. Vela Velupillai, 2013. "A Non-linear Model of the Trade Cycle: Mathematical Reflections on Hugh Hudson's Classic," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 115-125, June.
- Roberto Veneziani & Naoki Yoshihara, 2017.
"Globalisation and inequality in a dynamic economy: an axiomatic analysis of unequal exchange,"
Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 49(3), pages 445-468, December.
- Roberto Veneziani & Naoki Yoshihara, 2017. "Globalisation and Inequality in a Dynamic Economy: An Axiomatic Analysis of Unequal Exchange," Working Papers SDES-2017-10, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Aug 2017.
- VENEZIANI, Roberto & YOSHIHARA, Naoki, 2017. "Globalisation and Inequality in a Dynamic Economy: An Axiomatic Analysis of Unequal Exchange," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-49, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Z. M. Berrebi, 1981. "Comparaison de techniques et normes des prix," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 32(5), pages 965-970.
- Peter Flaschel, 2000. "Keynes-Marx and Keynes-Wicksell Models of Monetary Growth: A framework for future analysis," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 453-468.
- Roa Maria J & Vazquez Francisco Jose & Saura Dulce, 2008. "Unemployment and Economic Growth Cycles," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-21, May.
- Heinz D. Kurz, 2011. "The Contributions of Two Eminent Japanese Scholars to the Development of Economic Theory: Michio Morishima and Takashi Negishi," Chapters, in: Heinz D. Kurz & Tamotsu Nishizawa & Keith Tribe (ed.), The Dissemination of Economic Ideas, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Flaschel, Peter & Gong, Gang & Semmler, Willi, 2001. "A Keynesian macroeconometric framework for the analysis of monetary policy rules," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 101-136, September.
- Asada, Toichiro & Flaschel, Peter & Greiner, Alfred & Proaño, Christian R., 2011.
"Sustainable capitalism: Full-employment flexicurity growth with real wage rigidities,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 248-264, March.
- Toichiro Asada & Peter Flaschel & Alfred Greiner & Christian Proano, 2010. "Sustainable Capitalism: Full-Employment Flexicurity Growth with Real Wage Rigidities," IMK Working Paper 5-2010, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Toichiro Asada & Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel, 2003. "Keynes-Metzler-Goodwin Model Building: The Closed Economy," Working Paper Series 124, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Christian Proaño & Willi Semmler & Daniele Tavani, 2015.
"Credit-driven investment, heterogeneous labor markets and macroeconomic dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 10(1), pages 163-181, April.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Christian Proaño & Willi Semmler & Daniele Tavani, 2013. "Credit-Driven Investment, Heterogeneous Labor Markets and Macroeconomic Dynamics," Working Papers 1301, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Christian Proaño & Willi Semmler & Daniele Tavani, 2013. "Credit Driven Investment, Heterogeneous Labor Markets and Macroeconomic Dynamics," IMK Working Paper 110-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Petre Caraiani & Emmanuel Haven, 2013. "The Role of Recurrence Plots in Characterizing the Output-Unemployment Relationship: An Analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(2), pages 1-11, February.
- Di Matteo, Massimo & Filippi, Francesco & Sordi, Serena, 2006. "`The confessions of an unrepentant model builder': Rummaging in Goodwin's Archive," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 400-414, December.
- Murakami, Hiroki, 2018. "Existence and uniqueness of growth cycles in post Keynesian systems," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 293-304.
- Sakir Devrim Yilmaz & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2019.
"Coupling cycle mechanisms: Minsky debt cycles and the multiplier-accelerator,"
PKWP1904, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- S. Devrim Yilmaz & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2019. "Coupling Cycle Mechanisms: Minsky debt cycles and the Multiplier-Accelerator," CEPN Working Papers 2019-02, Centre d'Economie de l'Université de Paris Nord.
- S Devrim Yilmaz & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2019. "Coupling Cycle Mechanisms: Minsky debt cycles and the Multiplier-Accelerator," Working Papers hal-02012724, HAL.
- S Devrim Yilmaz & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2019. "Coupling Cycle Mechanisms: Minsky debt cycles and the Multiplier-Accelerator," CEPN Working Papers hal-02012724, HAL.
- Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel, 1999. "Towards Applied Disequilibrium Growth Theory: III Basic Partial Feedback Structures and Stability Issues," Working Paper Series 95, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Toichiro Asada & Peter Flaschel & Gang Gong & Willi Semmler, 2003. "Monetary Policy, Currency Unions and Open Economy Macrodynamics," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 10(19).
- Giacomo Costa, 2014. "Augusto Graziani on the walrasian capital formation model," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(112), pages 31-52.
- Peter Flaschel & Gang Gong & Willi Semmler, 1998. "A Keynesian Based Econometric Framework for Studying Monetary Policy Rules," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 1998-04, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness cycles; nonlinear dynamics; endogenous cucles; bifurcation theory;
All these keywords.
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2005-09-29 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trn:utwpde:0515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Andreozzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detreit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.