Improving the fit of structural models of congestion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Takayama, Yuki & Kuwahara, Masao, 2017.
"Bottleneck congestion and residential location of heterogeneous commuters,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 65-79.
- Takayama, Yuki & Kuwahara, Masao, 2016. "Bottleneck congestion and residential location of heterogeneous commuters," MPRA Paper 68940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tian, Li-Jun & Yang, Hai & Huang, Hai-Jun, 2013. "Tradable credit schemes for managing bottleneck congestion and modal split with heterogeneous users," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-13.
- Arnott, R. & de Palma, A. & Lindsey, R., 1990. "Departure time and route choice for the morning commute," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 209-228, June.
- Paul I. Richards, 1956. "Shock Waves on the Highway," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 4(1), pages 42-51, February.
- Daganzo, Carlos F., 1994. "The cell transmission model: A dynamic representation of highway traffic consistent with the hydrodynamic theory," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 269-287, August.
- Han, Lanshan & Ukkusuri, Satish & Doan, Kien, 2011. "Complementarity formulations for the cell transmission model based dynamic user equilibrium with departure time choice, elastic demand and user heterogeneity," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1749-1767.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Lindsey, Robin, 2013. "Trip-timing decisions with traffic incidents," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 764-782.
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1993. "A Structural Model of Peak-Period Congestion: A Traffic Bottleneck with Elastic Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 161-179, March.
- Gordon F. Newell, 1987. "The Morning Commute for Nonidentical Travelers," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 74-88, May.
- Chris Hendrickson & George Kocur, 1981. "Schedule Delay and Departure Time Decisions in a Deterministic Model," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 62-77, February.
- Ukkusuri, Satish V. & Han, Lanshan & Doan, Kien, 2012. "Dynamic user equilibrium with a path based cell transmission model for general traffic networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1657-1684.
- Kenneth A. Small & Clifford Winston & Jia Yan, 2005. "Uncovering the Distribution of Motorists' Preferences for Travel Time and Reliability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1367-1382, July.
- Henderson, J. V., 1974. "Road congestion : A reconsideration of pricing theory," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 346-365, July.
- Chu Xuehao, 1995. "Endogenous Trip Scheduling: The Henderson Approach Reformulated and Compared with the Vickrey Approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 324-343, May.
- Small, Kenneth A, 1982. "The Scheduling of Consumer Activities: Work Trips," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 467-479, June.
- Akbar, Prottoy & Duranton, Gilles, 2017. "Measuring the Cost of Congestion in Highly Congested City: Bogotá," Research Department working papers 1028, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
- Yu Nie, 2015. "A New Tradable Credit Scheme for the Morning Commute Problem," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 719-741, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:158:y:2018:i:c:p:113-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan D. Hall, 2015. "Pareto Improvements from Lexus Lanes: The effects of pricing a portion of the lanes on congested highways," Working Papers tecipa-548, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsStructural model; Congestion; Model fit; Calibration; Dynamic; Bottleneck Model; Traffic;
- R4 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2017-10-22 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-TRE-2017-10-22 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.