Currency intervention and the global portfolio balance effect: Japanese and Swiss lessons, 2003-2004 and 2009-2010
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Petra Gerlach & Robert N McCauley & Kazuo Ueda, 2011. "Currency intervention and the global portfolio balance effect: Japanese and Swiss lessons, 2003-2004 and 2009-2010," CARF F-Series CARF-F-264, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Andreas M., 2006.
"On the inadequacy of newswire reports for empirical research on foreign exchange interventions,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1226-1240, December.
- Andreas M. Fischer, 2005. "On the Inadequacy of Newswire Reports for Empirical Research on Foreign Exchange Interventions," Working Papers 2005-02, Swiss National Bank.
- Rasmus Fatum & Michael Hutchison, 2005. "Foreign exchange intervention and monetary policy in Japan, 2003â€“04," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 241-260, November.
- Ito, Takatoshi & Yabu, Tomoyoshi, 2007.
"What prompts Japan to intervene in the Forex market? A new approach to a reaction function,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 193-212, March.
- Takatoshi Ito & Tomoyoshi Yabu, 2004. "What Prompts Japan to Intervene in the Forex Market? A New Approach to a Reaction Function," NBER Working Papers 10456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rasmus Fatum & Michael M. Hutchison, 2003.
"Is sterilised foreign exchange intervention effective after all? an event study approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 390-411, April.
- Rasmus Fatum & Michael M. Hutchison, "undated". "Is Sterilized Foreign Exchange Intervention Effective After All? An Event Study Approach," EPRU Working Paper Series 99-09, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2005.
"An analysis of recent studies of the effect of foreign exchange intervention,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 685-718.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2005. "An analysis of recent studies of the effect of foreign exchange intervention," Working Papers 2005-030, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Martin Brown & Marcel Peter & Simon Wehrmüller, 2009. "Swiss Franc Lending in Europe," Aussenwirtschaft, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 64(02), pages 167-181, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCauley, Robert, 2013.
"Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage and Safe Assets,"
Journal of Financial Perspectives,
EY Global FS Institute, vol. 1(2), pages 145-154.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2012. "Risk-on/risk-off, capital flows, leverage and safe assets," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 8(3), pages 281-298, August.
- Robert N McCauley, 2012. "Risk-on/risk-off, capital flows, leverage and safe assets," BIS Working Papers 382, Bank for International Settlements.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2013. "Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage, and Safe Assets," Finance Working Papers 23390, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- McCauley, Robert N., 2013. "Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage, and Safe Assets," ADBI Working Papers 405, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2013. "Risk-On/Risk-Off, Capital Flows, Leverage, and Safe Assets," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23390, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ahmed, Jameel & Straetmans, Stefan, 2015. "Predicting exchange rate cycles utilizing risk factors," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 112-130.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-MON-2012-01-03 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2012-01-03 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2011cf830. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ritokjp.html .