Doviz Kuru ve Ithalat Fiyatlarinin Enflasyona Etkisi
[TR] Bu calisma, alternatif modeller kullanarak Turkiye’de doviz kuru ve ithalat fiyatlarinin cekirdek tuketici fiyatlari (islenmemis gida ve alkollu icecekler-tutun haric TUFE) uzerindeki etkisini (geciskenlik etkisi) incelemektedir. 2002-2011 donemi icin yapilan tahminler, geciskenligin bir yillik zaman diliminde her iki degisken icin de ortalama yuzde 15 civarinda olduguna isaret etmektedir. Ayrica bulgular doviz kuru ile tuketici fiyatlari arasindaki iliskinin zaman icinde azalmaya devam ettigini gostermektedir. [EN] We analyze the pass-through effect from exchange rates and import prices to core consumer prices (CPI excluding unprocessed food and alcoholic beverages-tobacco) in Turkey using several alternative models. Estimates through 2002-2011 period suggest that one year pass-through is around 15 percent for both variables. Moreover, our findings indicate that the exchange rate pass-through has been weakening through time.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernandez, Roque B, 1981.
"A Methodological Note on the Estimation of Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 63(3), pages 471-76, August.
- Tom Doan, . "CHOWLIN: RATS procedure to distribute a series to a higher frequency using related series," Statistical Software Components RTS00036, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "DISAGGREGATE: RATS procedure to implement general disaggregation (interpolation/distribution) procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00050, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hakan Kara & Fethi ÃÄÃ¼nÃ§, 2008.
"Inflation Targeting and Exchange Rate Pass-Through: The Turkish Experience,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(6), pages 52-66, November.
- Hakan Kara & Fethi ÃƒÂ–Ã„ÂŸÃƒÂ¼nÃƒÂ§, 2008. "Inflation Targeting and Exchange Rate Pass-Through: The Turkish Experience," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(6), pages 52-66, November.
- Fethi Ogunc, 2010. "Turkiye'de Islenmemis Gida Enflasyonunda Oynaklik : Durum Tespiti," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1005, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Elif C. Arbatli, 2003. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Turkey : Looking for Asymmetries," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 3(2), pages 85-124.
- Fethi Ogunc & Cagri Sarikaya, 2011. "Gorunmez Ama Hissedilmez Degil : Turkiye'de Cikti Acigi," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 11(2), pages 15-28.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:econot:1114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.