Means-tested Age-Pension and Saving
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gittleman Maury, 2011. "Medicaid and Wealth: A Re-Examination," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-25, November.
- Dehejia, Rajeev H., 2005. "Program evaluation as a decision problem," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 141-173.
- James Sefton & Justin vandeVen, 2009.
"Optimal Design of Means Tested Retirement Benefits,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(541), pages 461-481, November.
- Dr Justin van de Ven, 2009. "Optimal Design of Means Tested Retirement Benefits," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 332, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1999.
"Public Health Insurance and Private Savings,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1249-1274, December.
- J. Gruber & A. Yelowitz, "undated". "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1135-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron S. Yelowitz, 1998. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," JCPR Working Papers 42, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1997. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," NBER Working Papers 6041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1997. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," UCLA Economics Working Papers 772, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alex Maynard & Jiaping Qiu, 2009. "Public insurance and private savings: who is affected and by how much?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 282-308, March.
- Neumark, David & Powers, Elizabeth, 1998.
"The effect of means-tested income support for the elderly on pre-retirement saving: evidence from the SSI program in the U.S,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 181-206, May.
- David Neumark & Elizabeth Powers, 1997. "The Effect of Means-Tested Income Support for the Elderly on Pre-Retirement Saving: Evidence from the SSI Program in the U.S," NBER Working Papers 6303, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Sefton & Justin vandeVen & Martin Weale, 2008.
"Means Testing Retirement Benefits: fostering equity or discouraging savings?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 556-590, April.
- Dr Justin van de Ven & Dr Martin Weale, 2006. "Means Testing Retirement Benefits: fostering equity or discouraging savings?," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 283, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deborah A. Cobb‐Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand, 2011.
"Portfolio Allocation In The Face Of A Means‐Tested Public Pension,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(3), pages 536-560, September.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent Hildebrand, 2009. "Portfolio Allocation in the Face of a Means-Tested Public Pension," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 260, McMaster University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hildebrand, Vincent A., 2009. "Portfolio Allocation in the Face of a Means-Tested Public Pension," IZA Discussion Papers 4481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Powers, Elizabeth T., 1998. "Does means-testing welfare discourage saving? evidence from a change in AFDC policy in the United States," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 33-53, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cho, Sang-Wook (Stanley) & Sane, Renuka, 2013.
"Means-Tested Age Pensions And Homeownership: Is There A Link?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1281-1310, September.
- Sang-Wook (Stanley) Cho & Renuka Sane, 2011. "Means-Tested Age Pension and Homeownership: Is There a Link?," Discussion Papers 2011-02, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
More about this item
Keywordsmeans test; age pension; savings; portfolio choice;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:swe:wpaper:2014-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hongyi Li). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/senswau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.