A new condition for pooling states in multinomial logit
The Cramer-Ridder test is a popular procedure for testing if some outcome states can be pooled into one state in the multinomial logit model. We show that, in the presence of binary regressors, the test is overly stringent and poolability may not be tested unambiguously.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +61)-2- 9313- 6337
Web page: http://www.economics.unsw.edu.au/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chalkley, Martin, 2008.
"Choice of Contracts in the British National Health Service: An Empirical Study,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2008-43, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Chalkley, Martin & McVicar, Duncan, 2008. "Choice of contracts in the British National Health Service: An empirical study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1155-1167, September.
- Martin Chalkley & Duncan McVicar, 2007. "Choice of Contracts in the British National Health Service: An Empirical Study," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 216, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Anh Ngoc Nguyen & Jim Taylor, 2003. "Post-high school choices: New evidence from a multinomial logit model," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 287-306, 05.
- Cramer, J. S. & Ridder, G., 1991. "Pooling states in the multinomial logit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 267-272, February.
- Diane M. Dancer & Denzil G. Fiebig, 2004. "Modelling Students at Risk," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 158-173, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:swe:wpaper:2012-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Gratton)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.