Population Movement into and out of Canada's Immigrant Gateway Cities: A Comparative Study of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver
This study examines trends in the internal migration of the Canadian-born and long-term immigrants into and out of Canada's three largest metropolitan areas.
|Date of creation:||13 Sep 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0T6|
Web page: http://www.statcan.gc.ca
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A.G. Champion, 1994. "International Migration and Demographic Change in the Developed World," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 31(4-5), pages 653-677, May.
- John DiNardo & David Card, 2000.
"Do Immigrant Inflows Lead to Native Outflows?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 360-367, May.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2000. "Do Immigrant Inflows Lead to Native Outflows?," NBER Working Papers 7578, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David, 2001. "Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 22-64, January.
- David Card, 1996. "Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration," Working Papers 747, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card, 1997. "Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration," NBER Working Papers 5927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W.H Frey, 2002. "A history of recent urban development in the United States," Chapters, in: International Handbook of Urban Systems, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- E G Moore & M W Rosenberg, 1995. "Modelling migration flows of immigrant groups in Canada," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(5), pages 699-714, May.
- Randall Filer, 1992. "The Effect of Immigrant Arrivals on Migratory Patterns of Native Workers," NBER Chapters, in: Immigration and the Workforce: Economic Consequences for the United States and Source Areas, pages 245-270 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1989. "Where Do the New U.S. Immigrants Live?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 371-391, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stc:stcp3e:2004229e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.