On measuring the contribution from firm turnover to aggregate productivity growth. Selection on profitability and not productivity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2006.
"Globalization and the Gains From Variety,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 541-585.
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2004. "Globalization and the gains from variety," Staff Reports 180, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- David E. Weinstein & Christian Broda, 2004. "Globalization And The Gains From Variety," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 327, Econometric Society.
- David Weinstein & Christian Broda, 2004. "Globalization and the Gains from Variety," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 508, Econometric Society.
- David Weinstein & Christian Broda, 2004. "Globalization and the Gains from Variety," 2004 Meeting Papers 530, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2004. "Globalization and the Gains from Variety," NBER Working Papers 10314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert W.Erwin & Lippe Peter von der, 2010. "Notes on Unit Value Index Bias," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(6), pages 690-708, December.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 1994. "New Product Varieties and the Measurement of International Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 157-177, March.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Benjamin R. Mandel & Marshall B. Reinsdorf & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2013.
"Effects of Terms of Trade Gains and Tariff Changes on the Measurement of US Productivity Growth,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 59-93, February.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Benjamin R. Mandel & Marshall B. Reinsdorf & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2009. "Effects of Terms of Trade Gains and Tariff Changes on the Measurement of U.S. Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 15592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Harrigan & Geoffrey Barrows, 2009.
"Testing the Theory of Trade Policy: Evidence from the Abrupt End of the Multifiber Arrangement,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 282-294, May.
- James Harrigan & Geoffrey Barrows, 2006. "Testing the Theory of Trade Policy: Evidence from the Abrupt End of the Multifibre Arrangement," NBER Working Papers 12579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, W. Erwin, 2014.
"Decompositions of profitability change using cost functions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 58-66.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2010. "Decompositions of Profitability Change using Cost Functions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP092010, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2010. "Decompositions of Profitability Change using Cost Functions," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2010-16, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 13 Jul 2010.
- W. Diewert & Alice Nakamura, 2003. "Index Number Concepts, Measures and Decompositions of Productivity Growth," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 127-159, April.
- Sato, Kazuo, 1976. "The Ideal Log-Change Index Number," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 223-228, May.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Profitability; Aggregation;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2015-10-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2015-10-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2015-10-10 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.