On measuring the contribution from firm turnover to aggregate productivity growth. Selection on profitability and not productivity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2006.
"Globalization and the Gains From Variety,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 541-585.
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2004. "Globalization and the gains from variety," Staff Reports 180, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- David E. Weinstein & Christian Broda, 2004. "Globalization And The Gains From Variety," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 327, Econometric Society.
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2004. "Globalization and the Gains from Variety," NBER Working Papers 10314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Weinstein & Christian Broda, 2004. "Globalization and the Gains from Variety," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 508, Econometric Society.
- David Weinstein & Christian Broda, 2004. "Globalization and the Gains from Variety," 2004 Meeting Papers 530, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Diewert W.Erwin & Lippe Peter von der, 2010. "Notes on Unit Value Index Bias," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(6), pages 690-708, December.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 1994. "New Product Varieties and the Measurement of International Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 157-177, March.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Benjamin R. Mandel & Marshall B. Reinsdorf & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2013.
"Effects of Terms of Trade Gains and Tariff Changes on the Measurement of US Productivity Growth,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 59-93, February.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Benjamin R. Mandel & Marshall B. Reinsdorf & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2009. "Effects of Terms of Trade Gains and Tariff Changes on the Measurement of U.S. Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 15592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Harrigan & Geoffrey Barrows, 2009.
"Testing the Theory of Trade Policy: Evidence from the Abrupt End of the Multifiber Arrangement,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 282-294, May.
- James Harrigan & Geoffrey Barrows, 2006. "Testing the Theory of Trade Policy: Evidence from the Abrupt End of the Multifibre Arrangement," NBER Working Papers 12579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, W. Erwin, 2014.
"Decompositions of profitability change using cost functions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 58-66.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2010. "Decompositions of Profitability Change using Cost Functions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP092010, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2010. "Decompositions of Profitability Change using Cost Functions," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2010-16, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 13 Jul 2010.
- W. Diewert & Alice Nakamura, 2003. "Index Number Concepts, Measures and Decompositions of Productivity Growth," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 127-159, April.
- Sato, Kazuo, 1976. "The Ideal Log-Change Index Number," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(2), pages 223-228, May.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Profitability; Aggregation;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2015-10-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2015-10-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2015-10-10 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:819. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .