Notes on Unit Value Index Bias
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Diewert W.Erwin & Lippe Peter von der, 2010. "Notes on Unit Value Index Bias," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(6), pages 690-708, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1995. "Axiomatic and Economic Approaches to Elementary Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 5104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timmer, Marcel P., 1996. "On the Reliability of Unit Value Ratios in International Comparisons," GGDC Research Memorandum 199631, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Mick Silver, 2009. "An Index Number Formula Problem; The Aggregation of Broadly Comparable items," IMF Working Papers 09/19, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:199631 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mick Silver, 2010. "The Wrongs And Rights Of Unit Value Indices," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 206-223, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas von Brasch & Ådne Cappelen & Diana-Cristina Iancu, 2015. "Understanding the productivity slowdown. The importance of entry and exit of workers," Discussion Papers 818, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Abe, Naohito & Inakura, Noriko & Tonogi, Akiyuki, 2017. "Effects of the Entry and Exit of Products on Price Indexes," RCESR Discussion Paper Series DP17-2, Research Center for Economic and Social Risks, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Abe, Naohito & Enda, Toshiki & Inakura, Noriko & Tonogi, Akiyuki, 2015. "Effects of New Goods and Product Turnover on Price Indexes," RCESR Discussion Paper Series DP15-2, Research Center for Economic and Social Risks, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- von der Lippe, Peter, 2012. "Covariances and relationships between price indices: Notes on a theorem of Ladislaus von Bortkiewicz on linear index functions," MPRA Paper 38566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas von Brasch, 2015. "On measuring the contribution from firm turnover to aggregate productivity growth. Selection on profitability and not productivity," Discussion Papers 819, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice indexes; unit value indexes; unit values; bias; Bortkiewicz; Drobisch; Paasche; Laspeyres; Fisher; Parniczky; Balk; von der Lippe;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:bricol:erwin_diewert-2010-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin). General contact details of provider: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.