Uncertainty in Firm Valuation and a Cross-Sectional Misvaluation Measure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Hirshleifer & Danling Jiang, 2010.
"A Financing-Based Misvaluation Factor and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(9), pages 3401-3436.
- Hirshleifer, David & Jiang, Danling, 2007. "A Financing-Based Misvaluation Factor and the Cross Section of Expected Returns," MPRA Paper 20636, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2010.
- Harvey,Andrew C., 1991.
"Forecasting, Structural Time Series Models and the Kalman Filter,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521405737, December.
- Harvey,Andrew C., 1990. "Forecasting, Structural Time Series Models and the Kalman Filter," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521321969, December.
- Maged Ali & Ramzi El-Haddadeh & Tillal Eldabi & Ebrahim Mansour, 2010. "Simulation discounted cash flow valuation for internet companies," International Journal of Business Information Systems, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 18-33.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2015. "A five-factor asset pricing model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 1-22.
- Casey, Christopher, 2001. "Corporate valuation, capital structure and risk management: A stochastic DCF approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 311-325, December.
- Ledoit, Oliver & Wolf, Michael, 2008.
"Robust performance hypothesis testing with the Sharpe ratio,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 850-859, December.
- Oliver Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2008. "Robust Performance Hypothesis Testing with the Sharpe Ratio," IEW - Working Papers 320, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Chang, Eric C. & Luo, Yan & Ren, Jinjuan, 2013. "Pricing deviation, misvaluation comovement, and macroeconomic conditions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5285-5299.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178, November.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2001. "Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198523543, November.
- Ardia, David & Boudt, Kris, 2018. "The peer performance ratios of hedge funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 351-368.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. "On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Damodaran, Aswath, 2007. "Valuation Approaches and Metrics: A Survey of the Theory and Evidence," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(8), pages 693-784, April.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Lawrence D. Brown & Andrew C. Call & Michael B. Clement & Nathan Y. Sharp, 2015. "Inside the “Black Box” of Sell‐Side Financial Analysts," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 1-47, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Francesco Cordoni & Giulia Livieri & Stefano Marmi, 2020. "Stock Recommendations from Stochastic Discounted Cash Flows," LEM Papers Series 2020/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Linnenluecke, Martina K. & Chen, Xiaoyan & Ling, Xin & Smith, Tom & Zhu, Yushu, 2017. "Research in finance: A review of influential publications and a research agenda," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Chai, Daniel & Chiah, Mardy & Zhong, Angel, 2019. "Choosing factors: Australian evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
- Qi Shi & Bin Li & Adrian (Wai Kong) Cheung & Richard Chung, 2017. "Augmenting the intertemporal CAPM with inflation: Further evidence from alternative models," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 42(4), pages 653-672, November.
- Andrew Detzel, 2017. "Monetary Policy Surprises, Investment Opportunities, And Asset Prices," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 315-348, September.
- Andrei, Daniel & Cujean, Julien & Fournier, Mathieu, 2019. "The Low-Minus-High Portfolio and the Factor Zoo," CEPR Discussion Papers 14153, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Atanasov, Victoria & Nitschka, Thomas, 2017. "Firm size, economic risks, and the cross-section of international stock returns," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 110-126.
- Lin, Qi, 2022. "Understanding idiosyncratic momentum in the Chinese stock market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Fletcher, Jonathan, 2018. "Bayesian tests of global factor models," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 279-289.
- Marie Brière & Ariane Szafarz, 2021.
"When it rains, it pours: Multifactor asset management in good and bad times,"
Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 641-669, September.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2021. "When it Rains, it Pours: Multifactor Asset Management in Good and Bad Times," Working Papers CEB 21-002, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Peterburgsky, Stanley, 2021. "Aggregate volatility risk: International evidence," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 47(C).
- David Hirshleifer & Po-Hsuan Hsu & Dongmei Li, 2018.
"Innovative Originality, Profitability, and Stock Returns,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 31(7), pages 2553-2605.
- David Hirshleifer & Po-Hsuan Hsu & Dongmei Li, 2017. "Innovative Originality, Profitability, and Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 23432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caldeira, João F & Moura, Guilherme Valle & Santos, André Alves Portela, 2013.
"Seleção de carteiras utilizando o modelo Fama-French-Carhart,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 67(1), April.
- Guilherme Valle Moura & João Frois Caldeira & André Santos, 2014. "Seleção De Carteiras Utilizando O Modelofama-French-Carhart," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 117, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Rocciolo, Francesco & Gheno, Andrea & Brooks, Chris, 2022. "Explaining abnormal returns in stock markets: An alpha-neutral version of the CAPM," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Hansen, Erwin, 2022. "Economic evaluation of asset pricing models under predictability," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 50-66.
- Ma, Yao & Yang, Baochen & Su, Yunpeng, 2021. "Stock return predictability: Evidence from moving averages of trading volume," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Flögel, Volker & Schlag, Christian & Zunft, Claudia, 2021. "Momentum-managed equity factors," SAFE Working Paper Series 317, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Barroso, Pedro & Boons, Martijn & Karehnke, Paul, 2021. "Time-varying state variable risk premia in the ICAPM," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 428-451.
- Jiang, Chonghui & Du, Jiangze & An, Yunbi & Zhang, Jinqing, 2021. "Factor tracking: A new smart beta strategy that outperforms naïve diversification," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 396-408.
- González-Sánchez, Mariano & Nave, Juan & Rubio, Gonzalo, 2020. "Effects of uncertainty and risk aversion on the exposure of investment-style factor returns to real activity," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic Discounted Cash Flow; Valuation Uncertainty; Valuation Factor; Kalman Filter.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssa:lemwps:2020/15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/labssit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/labssit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.