NASCAR as a Public Good
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlino, Gerald & Coulson, N. Edward, 2004.
"Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Gerald A. Carlino & N. Edward Coulson, 2002. "Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL," Working Papers 02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 01 Sep 2003.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dennis Coates, 2012. "Not-So-Mega Events," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 23 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dennis Coates & Victor Matheson, 2011.
"Mega-events and housing costs: raising the rent while raising the roof?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(1), pages 119-137, February.
- Dennis Coates & Victor Matheson, 2009. "Mega-Events and Housing Costs: Raising the Rent while Raising the Roof?," Working Papers 0903, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Dennis Coates & Victor Matheson, 2009. "Mega-Events and Housing Costs: Raising the Rent while Raising the Roof?," Working Papers 0902, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Bentley Coffey & Patrick McLaughlin & Robert Tollison, 2012. "Regulators and Redskins," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 191-204, October.
- Dennis Coates, 2009. "Hotel Tax Collections and a Local Mega-Event," Working Papers 0901, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
More about this item
Keywordstourism; economic impact; special events; NASCAR; auto racing;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2007-06-30 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SPO-2007-06-30 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2007-06-30 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.