Performance and international investments in microfinance institutions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ludovic Urgeghe, 2010. "Les véhicules d'investissement en microfinance et le défi de la performance sociale," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(4), pages 69-82.
- Mark Schreiner, 2002.
"Aspects of outreach: a framework for discussion of the social benefits of microfinance,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 591-603.
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "Aspects of Outreach: A Framework for the Discussion of the Social Benefits of Microfinance," Development and Comp Systems 0109003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Cull & Asli Demirguç-Kunt & Jonathan Morduch, 2007.
"Financial performance and outreach: a global analysis of leading microbanks,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 107-133, February.
- Cull, Robert & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2006. "Financial performance and outreach : a global analysis of leading microbanks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3827, The World Bank.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2008. "Socially responsible investments: Institutional aspects, performance, and investor behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1723-1742, September.
- D'Espallier, Bert & Guérin, Isabelle & Mersland, Roy, 2011. "Women and Repayment in Microfinance: A Global Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 758-772, May.
- Mersland, Roy & Øystein Strøm, R., 2009. "Performance and governance in microfinance institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 662-669, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D’Espallier, Bert & Goedecke, Jann & Hudon, Marek & Mersland, Roy, 2017.
"From NGOs to Banks: Does Institutional Transformation Alter the Business Model of Microfinance Institutions?,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 19-33.
- Bert D'Espallier & Jann Goedecke & Marek Hudon & Roy Mersland, 2016. "From NGOs to banks: Does institutional transformation alter the business model of microfinance institutions?," Working Papers CEB 16-029, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- D. Pascal & R. Mersland & N. Mori, 2017. "The influence of the CEO’s business education on the performance of hybrid organizations: the case of the global microfinance industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 339-354, August.
More about this item
Keywordsmicrofinance; commercialisation; socially responsible investors; microfinance investment vehicles; social performance;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/103401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.