Innovation capabilities and returns to scale
Specific innovation capabilities enable large firms to depart from constant returns to scale and benefit from significant economies of scale. These capabilities improve the quality of the labor force organization and therefore positively impact labor productivity.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Publication status:||Published by: Solvay Business School, Centre Emile Bernheim|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CP114/03, 42 avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 1050 Bruxelles|
Phone: +32 (0)2 650.48.64
Fax: +32 (0)2 650.41.88
Web page: http://difusion.ulb.ac.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995.
"Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peeters, Carine & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno van, 2003. "Measuring Innovation Competencies and Performances: A Survey of Large Firms in Belgium," IIR Working Paper 03-16, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Carine Peeters & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2003. "Measuring innovation competencies and performances: a survey of large firms in Belgium," Working Papers CEB 04-005.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Loof, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2002. "Knowledge capital and performance heterogeneity: : A firm-level innovation study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 61-85, March.
- Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2000. "Knowledge Capital and Performance Heterogeneity: A Firm Level Innovation Study," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 387, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 14 Aug 2000.
- Peeters, Carine & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno van, 2003. "Organizational Competencies and Innovation Performances: The Case of Large Firms in Belgium," IIR Working Paper 03-19, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Carine Peeters & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2003. "Organizational competencies and innovation performances: the case of large firms in Belgium," Working Papers CEB 04-006.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne, 1996. "Business strategies in more- and less-innovative firms in Canada," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 785-804, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:05-002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.