Mining Rehabilitation Planning, Mining Heritage Tourism, Benefits and Contingent Valuation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bohm, Peter, 1972. "Estimating demand for public goods: An experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 111-130.
- Strong, Aaron & Flores, Nicholas E., 2008. "Estimating the economic benefits of acidic rock drainage clean up using cost shares," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 348-355, April.
- Trigg, Andrew B. & Richard Dubourg, W., 1993. "Valuing the environmental impacts of opencast coal mining in the UK : The case of the Trent Valley in North Staffordshire," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1110-1122, November.
- Heberling, Matthew & Shortle, James S. & Fisher, Ann, 2000. "The Effect Of The Number Of Choice Sets On Responses In A Stated Choice Survey," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21832, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Schlapfer, Felix, 2009. "Contingent valuation: confusions, problems, and solutions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1569-1571, April.
- Peter Bohm, 1972. "Estimating the demand for public goods: An experiment," Framed Field Experiments 00126, The Field Experiments Website.
- Willis, K. G. & Garrod, G. D., 1999. "Externalities from extraction of aggregates: Regulation by tax or land-use controls," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 77-86, June.
- Gert-Jan Hospers, 2002. "Industrial Heritage Tourism and Regional Restructuring in the European Union," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 397-404, April.
- Lambert, David K. & Shaw, W. Douglass, 2000. "Agricultural And Recreational Impacts From Surface Flow Changes Due To Gold Mining Operations," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-14, December.
- Douglas Noonan, 2003. "Contingent Valuation Studies in the Arts and Culture: An Annotated Bibliography," Working Papers 0304, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Michael Ahlheim & Oliver Frör & Ulrike Lehr & Gerhard Wagenhals & Ursula Wolf, 2004. "Contingent Valuation of Mining Land Reclamation in East Germany," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 245/2004, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Douglas Noonan, 2003. "Contingent Valuation and Cultural Resources: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Literature," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(3), pages 159-176, November.
- Paul R. Portney, 1994. "The Contingent Valuation Debate: Why Economists Should Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 3-17, Fall.
- Randall, Alan & Ives, Berry & Eastman, Clyde, 1974. "Bidding games for valuation of aesthetic environmental improvements," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 132-149, August.
- S. V. Ciriacy-Wantrup, 1947. "Capital Returns from Soil-Conservation Practices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(4_Part_II), pages 1181-1196.
- Turner, R. Kerry & Paavola, Jouni & Cooper, Philip & Farber, Stephen & Jessamy, Valma & Georgiou, Stavros, 2003. "Valuing nature: lessons learned and future research directions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 493-510, October.
- Carson, Richard T & Wilks, Leanne & Imber, David, 1994. "Valuing the Preservation of Australia's Kakadu Conservation Zone," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 727-749, Supplemen.
- Alex Y. Lo & Clive L. Spash, 2013. "Deliberative Monetary Valuation: In Search Of A Democratic And Value Plural Approach To Environmental Policy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 768-789, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roni Armis & Hidehiko Kanegae, 2020. "The attractiveness of a post-mining city as a tourist destination from the perspective of visitors: a study of Sawahlunto old coal mining town in Indonesia," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 443-461, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2016. "Constructing markets: environmental economics and the contingent valuation controversy," MPRA Paper 78814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard T. Carson, 2011. "Contingent Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489, June.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O’Toole, 2004.
"Irish Public Service Broadcasting - A Contingent Valuation Analysis,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 321-350.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O'Toole, 2004. "Irish public service broadcasting : a contingent valuation analysis," Open Access publications 10197/584, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Catherine L. Kling & Daniel J. Phaneuf & Jinhua Zhao, 2012.
"From Exxon to BP: Has Some Number Become Better Than No Number?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 3-26, Fall.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Zhao, Jinhua, 2012. "From Exxon to BP: Has Some Number Become Better Than No Number?," ISU General Staff Papers 201210010700001014, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kling, Catherine Louise, 2012. "From Exxon to BP: Has Some Number Become Better than No Number?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35576, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kling, Catherine Louise, 2012. "From Exxon to BP: Has Some Number Become Better than No Number?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35577, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Trine Hansen, 1997. "The Willingness-to-Pay for the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen as a Public Good," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 21(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Zawojska Ewa, 2017. "A Consequential Contingent Valuation Referendum: Still Not Enough to Elicit True Preferences for Public Goods!," Central European Economic Journal, Sciendo, vol. 2(49), pages 73-90, December.
- Del Valle Mesa, Laura, 2018. "Barreras institucionales de la puesta en valor del patrimonio: El caso del Real de la almadraba de Nueva Umbría/Institutional Barriers of the Put in Value of the Heritage: The Case of the Real de la A," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 36, pages 825-850, Septiembr.
- Langford, Ian H. & Bateman, Ian J., 1996.
"Elicitation and truncation effects in contingent valuation studies,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 265-267, December.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Langford, Ian H. & Turner, R. Kerry & Willis, Ken G. & Garrod, Guy D., 1995. "Elicitation and truncation effects in contingent valuation studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 161-179, February.
- Banerjee, Prasenjit & Shogren, Jason F., 2014.
"Bidding behavior given point and interval values in a second-price auction,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 126-137.
- Jason F. Shogren & Jason F. Shogren, 2013. "Bidding Behavior given Point and Interval Values in a Second-price Auction," Economics Discussion Paper Series 1310, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Philippe Bance & Angélique Chassy, 2019. "Citizen Advisory Committees: A Tool to Remedy the Shortcomings of the Contingent Valuation Method Within the System of Multi-Level Governance," Post-Print hal-02910727, HAL.
- Isabel Mendes, 2016. "Assessing the Values of Archaeological Heritage," Working Papers Department of Economics 2016/02, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Don Coursey & William Schulze, 1986. "The application of laboratory experimental economics to the contingent valuation of public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 47-68, January.
- David Brookshire & Thomas Crocker, 1981. "The advantages of contingent valuation methods for benefit-cost analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 235-252, January.
- Cristiano Cechella, 2011. "The Influence Of Cultural Affinity For The Boost Of Brazilian Investment In Portugal," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 59-72, June.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1994. "Valuing the Environment through Contingent Valuation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 19-43, Fall.
- JOHN McMILLAN, 1979. "The Free‐Rider Problem: A Survey," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(2), pages 95-107, June.
- Richard T. Carson & Miko_aj Czajkowski, 2014. "The discrete choice experiment approach to environmental contingent valuation," Chapters, in: Stephane Hess & Andrew Daly (ed.), Handbook of Choice Modelling, chapter 9, pages 202-235, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Daniel McFadden, 2009. "The human side of mechanism design: a tribute to Leo Hurwicz and Jean-Jacque Laffont," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 13(1), pages 77-100, April.
- Felix Munoz-Garcia & Sherzod B. Akhundjanov, 2014. "Firm Preferences for Environmental Policy: Industry Uniform or Firm Specific?," Working Papers 2014-8, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Dragicevic, Arnaud Z. & Ettinger, David, 2011.
"Private Valuation of a Public Good in Three Auction Mechanisms,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 1-29, April.
- Dragicevic Arnaud Z. & Ettinger David, 2011. "Private Valuation of a Public Good in Three Auction Mechanisms," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-29, April.
- Arnaud Dragicevic & David Ettinger, 2010. "Private Valuation of a Public Good in Three Auction Mechanisms," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-04, CIRANO.
- Arnaud Dragicevic & David Ettinger, 2011. "Private Valuation of a Public Good in Three Auction Mechanisms," Post-Print hal-00704708, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsMining; Rehabilitation; Benefits; Cultural Heritage; Tourism; Contingent Valuation;
All these keywords.
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- O29 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Other
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soc:wpaper:wp032013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csutlpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mónica Fraga (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csutlpt.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.