Agent-Based Simulations of the Software Market under Different Pricing Schemes for Software-as-a-Service and Perpetual Software
In this paper, we present agent-based simulations that model the interactions between software buyers and vendors in a software market that offers Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and perpetual software (PS) licensing under different pricing schemes. In particular, scenarios are simulated, in which vendor agents dynamically set prices. Customer (or buyer) agents respond to these prices by selecting the software license scheme according to four fundamental criteria using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) as decision support mechanism. These criteria relate to finance, software capability, organization, and vendor. Three pricing schemes are implemented for our simulations: derivative-follower (DF), demand-driven (DD), and competitor-oriented (CO). The results show that DD scheme is the most effective method but hard to implement since it requires perfect knowledge about market conditions. This result is supported through a price sensitivity analysis
|Date of creation:||Jul 2010|
|Date of revision:||Jul 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in GECON2010, Workshop on Grids, Clouds, Systems, and Services, Ischia, Italy, 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 599 Gwanak-Ro, Gwanak-Gu, Seoul 151-744|
Web page: http://temep.snu.ac.kr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fu, Feng & Liu, Lianghuan & Wang, Long, 2008. "Empirical analysis of online social networks in the age of Web 2.0," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(2), pages 675-684.
- Galeotti, Andrea & Goyal, Sanjeev & Kamphorst, Jurjen, 2006.
"Network formation with heterogeneous players,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 353-372, February.
- Andrea Galeotti & Sanjeev Goyal, 2002. "Network Formation with Heterogeneous Players," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-069/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Junseok Hwang & Jorn Altmann & Kibae Kim, 2009. "The Structural Evolution of the Web2.0 Service Network," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200914, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Sep 2009.
- Wagner, Caroline S. & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2005. "Network structure, self-organization, and the growth of international collaboration in science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1608-1618, December.
- Galeotti, Andrea & Goyal, Sanjeev & Kamphorst, Jurjen, 2006. "Network formation with heterogeneous players," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 353-372, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snv:dp2009:201064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jorn Altmann)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.