Measurement of labor quality growth caused by unobservable characteristics
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas Bolli & Mathias Zurlinden, 2012. "Measurement of labour quality growth caused by unobservable characteristics," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(18), pages 2297-2308, June.
- Mathias Zurlinden & Thomas Bolli, 2008. "Measurement of Labor Quality Growth: Caused by Unobservable Characteristics," KOF Working papers 08-203, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Aaronson & Daniel G. Sullivan, 2002. "Growth in worker quality," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Feb.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1999.
"High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(2), pages 251-334, March.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms," NBER Working Papers 4917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David Margolis, 1999. "High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00353892, HAL.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- David Margolis, 1995. "High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms," Post-Print halshs-00378229, HAL.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-23, CIRANO.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Venetia Bell & Pablo Burriel-Llombart & Jerry Jones, 2005. "A quality-adjusted labour input series for the United Kingdom (1975-2002)," Bank of England working papers 280, Bank of England.
- Lancaster, Tony, 2000. "The incidental parameter problem since 1948," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 391-413, April.
- Guido Schwerdt & Jarkko Turunen, 2007. "Growth In Euro Area Labor Quality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(4), pages 716-734, December.
- Thomas Bolli & Mathias Zurlinden, 2009.
"Measuring Growth of Labor Quality and the Quality-Adjusted Unemployment Rate in Switzerland,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 55(2), pages 121-145.
- Thomas Bolli & Mathias Zurlinden, 2008. "Measuring growth of labour quality and the quality-adjusted unemployment rate in Switzerland," Working Papers 2008-13, Swiss National Bank.
- John M. Abowd & Paul A. Lengermann & Kevin L. McKinney, 2002. "The Measurement of Human Capital in the U.S. Economy," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2002-09, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised Mar 2003.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Øivind A. Nilsen & Arvid Raknerud & Marina Rybalka & Terje Skjerpen, 2011.
"The Importance Of Skill Measurement For Growth Accounting,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(2), pages 293-305, June.
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Raknerud, Arvid & Rybalka, Marina & Skjerpen, Terje, 2010. "The Importance of Skill Measurement for Growth Accounting," IZA Discussion Papers 4997, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laura-Maria DINDIRE, 2012. "Assessment Model Of The Nations? Human Capital - The Case Of The Eu Countries," Management Strategies Journal, Constantin Brancoveanu University, vol. 18(4), pages 21-27.
More about this item
Keywordshuman capital; labor quality;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2009-05-16 (Business Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snb:snbwpa:2009-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enzo Rossi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/snbgvch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.